[F] ITUNEMOVI tag being truncated?

Hi,
As a part of my tagging process, I use a tool called MetaX for Windows (found here: www.danhinsley.com/MetaX.htm ) to auto-populate some fields in my Movie MP4 files.

I then pass that file to MP3Tag 2.45a to copy some fields such as artist to other fields (and replaced "," with "/").

I do not touch the iTunMOVI tag (used by Apple TV) which MetaX writes (using Atomic Parsley).

I have noticed the following bug in MP3Tag:

• If I simply open the MP4 and look at the extended tags, I can see the iTunMOVI tag is correct (see "before" below)
  • If I open and save the file in MP3Tag (without any other activity), the iTunMOVI tag is broken (see "after" below).

iTunMOVI Tag Before saving with MP3Tag (as shown in MP3Tag's Extended Tag dialog):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>cast</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Tom Hanks</string>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Helen Hunt</string>
        </dict>
    </array>
    <key>directors</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Robert Zemeckis</string>
        </dict>
    </array>
    <key>producers</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Tom Hanks</string>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Jack Rapke</string>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Steve Starkey</string>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Robert Zemeckis</string>
        </dict>
    </array>
    <key>screenwriters</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>William Broyles Jr</string>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

iTunMOVI Tag After saving with MP3Tag (as shown in MP3Tag's Extended Tag dialog):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>cast</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>name</key>
            <string>Tom Hanks</strin...

Hi Florian,
Any chance you reproduced this issue?

To make the work a little less for Florian, I have attached a zip file which contanis two very small mp4 files. I have tagged the MP4s with a random movie's (A Mighty Heart) information using MetaX.

The first file "1_Before_Mp3tag_Save.mp4" is the output as tagged by MetaX. This file read perfectly fine in MP3tag v2.54a. Note the "full/proper" content of iTunMOVI tag.

The second file "2_After_Mp3tag_Save.mp4" is the first file above, having been opened and immediatly "save" was clicked in MP4Tag. Notice the truncated iTunMOVI tag data.

Data_showing_issue.zip (137 KB)

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely look into it over the free days now.

Kind regards,
Florian

On related note of truncated information:
If I copy multi-line text (like from a field Lyrics to Unsyncedlyrics) only a first line from a fully copied text is inserted, unless it is done throgh "Extendet Tags..."->Edit.
It would be nice if the multi-line text is inserted in main mp3tag window, that it inserts the whole text, and not only the first line.

The current Development Build now fixed the problem with user-defined tag fields being limited to 255 characters in MP4 tags.

Thanks for reporting!

Kind regards,
Florian

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.