[F] Over-writing a file leaves duplicate entries in list

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create folder structure:
    C:\mp3\a\1.mp3
    C:\mp3\b\1.mp3

2. Load MP3TAG (2.45a) and "change directory" into "C:\mp3". It should show 2 files, both called "1.mp3" with different "Path".

3. Right click the first file (C:\mp3\a\1.mp3), select "Move" and then select your destination folder as "C:\b".

4. Depending on what version of windows you are running, it may pop up a dialog asking if you really want to over-write the file. Choose yes.

At this point, mp3tag will end up with 2 duplicate entries for the one file "1.mp3".

Expected outcome: A single entry should be left for "1.mp3"

Can you still reproduce this with the current Development Build Mp3tag v2.45b?

I just tried it using v2.45b and I was still able to reproduce the problem.

There was a minor typo in my original details of how to reproduce, here's the method without the typo:

1. Create folder structure:
    C:\mp3\a\1.mp3
    C:\mp3\b\1.mp3

2. Load MP3TAG (2.45a) and "change directory" into "C:\mp3". It should show 2 files, both called "1.mp3" with different "Path".

3. Right click the first file (C:\mp3\a\1.mp3), select "Move" and then select your destination folder as "C:\mp3\b".

4. Depending on what version of windows you are running, it may pop up a dialog asking if you really want to over-write the file. Choose yes.

At this point, mp3tag will end up with 2 duplicate entries for the one file "1.mp3".

Expected outcome: A single entry should be left for "1.mp3"

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.