[F] Remove Cover when Cover Varies Does Not

Step to reproduce:

1. Enable the "Save tags when using arrow keys/single mouse click" option
  2. Select multiple files with various cover images (each file has a different cover image).
  3. Right-click in the cover area and select "Remove cover"
  4. Perform a single mouse click or press an arrow key

Expected result: Covers are removed from all selected files.
Actual Result: Covers are not removed.

Comment: This only occurs when multiple files are selected and the cover image is not the same for these files.

Version: 2.69a

I can reproduce this with version 2.69.

Doesn't this behavour dpend on the settings in Tools>Options>tags>Save tags when navigating?
I would expect that the cover is only removed if you explicitely save the changes, so press Ctrl-S

It's true that explicitly saving the tags with Ctrl-S or by clicking Save will remove the covers.
But that is irrelevent here.

The option says "Save tags when using arrowkeys/single mouse click".
That means without using Ctrl-S or by clicking Save.

If the covers are not saved properly (as Chris Reeve as described above), that's undesired behaviour at least.

We think it's a bug.

What I am trying to find out: have you selected the option that navigation automatically saves or not? If you have not, then nothing is saved aas a result of navigating.

I reproduced the behaviour by following the method to reproduce, given in the original post.
It includes: "1. Enable the "Save tags when using arrow keys/single mouse click" option"

So yes, I have selected the option that navigation automatically saves.

Have you followed the steps to reproduce, given in the original post?
If so, do you get results different than reported by the OP?

This is fixed with Mp3tag v2.86b. Thanks for reporting!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.