[F] v2.37f: crash during web sources lookup

bug-fixed

Hi Florian,
Mp3tag is crashing on me when I look up an album via Musicbrainz (most recently, "Murs 3:16 the 9th Edition"). It doesn't happen on every album I look up, just on some, and only some of the time (so it's not entirely reproduceable). I was using 2.37d before, and it never crashed on me (or any previous version for that matter), so I think the bug was introduced in the latest builds. Let me know if you need me to send you the crash report. Oh yeah, this is on XP Media Center 2005 w/SP2.

-Will

I think you have the same problem I have:
/t/4503/1 (German)

Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it.

It would be great if you could provide a specific web source with a specific query string which always triggers that error.

Kind regards,
Florian

It seems as if it can be any source/string combination but it on a second try it usually works, it's like one in 50 tries that fails.

Hi Florian, I have been having (I believe) the same problem with the AMG sources. I was hesitiant to raise the issue because I have modified some of them for my own use.

I have been reripping some of my CDs and I have been using the program ALOT. With v2.37d, I ran literally hundreds of source runs without a single error. With v2.37f, it is crashing regularly. Perhaps the diff will offer some answers.

It is random, but happens quite frequently with AMG It seems to occur when it would usually come back and say it couldn't find anything. I always assumed that thas message happened when the request took too long at AMG. Is it possible something has changed with the way you are handling timeouts?

I'm happy to assist in any way I can.

Thanks,
David

This problem has been fixed with the latest Development Build.

Kind regards,
Florian

Thank you. I can verify that 2.37h has solved my problems.

David

Great!

Thanks for talking back!

Kind regards,
Florian