[F] v2.79 on macOS forgets last opened directory path

In the latest release for macOS (Wine included) Mp3Tag forgets the last opened folder path when changing directories. After opening a folder through the Ctrl+D command when I press Ctrl+D again, the "Browse for Folder" window reverts to initial state showing me only the root access points (/, My Computer, My Documents and Trash).

This is really annoying, because traversing the long directory path in the small directory tree window is cumbersome.

I do not know exactly from which version this bug was introduced, because I was using several versions older Mp3Tag before the upgrade to the latest version and it used to work without problems in the older version.

The problem is apparent when I open folders that are not accessible under My Computer, but need to be accessed through the full Unix path "/"

After opening a unix path the file paths always start with "\\?\unix". I am not aware whether it should display it like that or not.

I think you can set the favourite folders in Tools>Options>Folders.
Perhaps that setting points to a folder that does not exist any more.

This thread shows some more advice how to use Mp3tag with Mac OS
/t/18257/1

I do not have a favourite folder set, because I work in different folders and the folders do exist.

After opening a folder using the Ctrl+D command I would like to change to another sibling folder, however I have to start searching the folderfrom the beginning of the tree, because Mp3Tag does not remember the actual path for the previously opened folder.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.