[F] $validate() bug?

I'm using version 2.45a in Vista SP2, and the $validate() function is only validating the filename, not the full path. A short example:

$validate(%album%\%artist%, '') only evaluates %artist% for invalid characters, if there are any present in %album% they just get removed.
However, $validate(%album% %artist%, '
') validates everyting (album and artist)

The help file cleary states: Remove invalid characters from file name/file paths so this should work for file paths too and not only for the filename right?

I was using this with 2.44 and it worked ok, should I be using another syntax for validating the path AND filename?

If I have ARTIST=Test? and ALBUM=Test? and use $validate(%album%\%artist%,) I get Album\Artist_ as result.

Can you please post detailed information about the content of the tag fields and the result you're observing.

Hi Florian, thx for the quick reply. Here is the info you requested:

Tag-Filename code

$validate($if($eql(%genre%,'Soundtrack'),'Soundtracks['%year%']' %album%,%artist%'['%year%']' %album%)$ifgreater($right(%discnumber%,1),1,CD$left(%discnumber%,1),)$num(%track%,2). %title%,'')

Test case

Artis: "Iced Earth"
Album: "The Crucible of Man: Something Wicked Part 2"
Title: "Sacred Flames"
Year: "2008"
Track: "1"
Disc: "1/1"
Tag: "Flac"

Iced Earth[2008] The Crucible of Man Something Wicked Part 2\01. Sacred Flames.flac

.... also a simple $validate(%album%\%title%, '') has the same result regarding the validation of the album string, however if I use $validate(%album% %title%, '') the %album% part is correctly evaluated.

Hi Florian,

I don't mean to bother you but have you any news or been able to verify this on your end?

Yes, it happens for colons only and will fixed with the next version. Thanks for reminding me :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Your just awesome! :slight_smile: Thanks!

This is now fixed with Mp3tag v2.45c.