Feature Request - Frequency Spectrum

If I may request, it would be beautiful to have a frequency spectrum as an optional addition in the tag panel.

Currently I drop the song file into Spek but Apple Silicon will stop supporting Spek in 2027 since Spek was made ages ago for the Intel chips. Surco and FakinTheFunk have options to view a frequency spectrum of a song but it takes me multiple steps instead of the quick drag and drop into Spek. Spectro allows for the quick drag and drop so that would be the natural replacement. However, it would be just incredibly awesome to have that all in one place within mp3tag. Particularly because mp3tag is the best. I require a frequency spectrum because I frequently come across songs that have a labeled bitrate that is not the true bitrate or have to compare the same song from different sources to choose the better quality one to keep.

Thank you kindly

While I find spectrograms useful for similar reasons as you, I don't know if they belong in a tag editor like Mp3tag.
After a quick online search I found spek-X, which supposedly works on Apple Silicon (I've never owned a mac so I cannot test this claim).
Personally I'd try adding this (or a similar alternative to spek that is usable on the command line) in a custom Tool within Mp3tag to quickly create/display spectrograms for selected songs.

Thank you for the spek-X link. That's helpful for free. However like I said, Spectro does the same.
Using the command line tool would really slow down my workflow. As a DJ I do this for hundreds-thousands of individual songs every week.
I understand how you might see this as unrelated to tag editing but it's actually really relevant if you have different copies of the same song in varying qualities. Because then you can quickly choose the ideal one to edit and keep and discard the rest.
As far as a custom Tool within Mp3tag, that sounds great, but I frankly have no idea where to start with that or if that's even a possibility. Do you?

As far as I know, this feature currently exists only in the Windows version of Mp3tag.

I didn't know that.

In case the Tools functionality gets added to the Mac version in a similar fashion, this is how you'd do it:

But more likely a simple version like this:
Name: Spek
Path: /usr/bin/spek
Parameter: %_path%

Since I use Mp3tag on CachyOS and Fedora 44 KDE via Wine, I have to transform the mounted Windows path that Mp3tag returns to a Unix path, hence the added complexity. My workaround also likely breaks when the filename contains a ".

Here's the tool in action (I call it via CTRL+2 hotkey):

And in case there are other Linux KDE users wondering how to open spek maximized from an Mp3tag Tool, here's how: