Feature Request - In the auto numbering wizard, guess at a default Disc Number

When doing auto-numbering, the Disc Number always defaults to 1. Yet, often the files already have some useful information in the Discnumber tag, and interpreting the tag could save some clicks in the form. (In my use anyway, the wizard is usually fixing track numbers, as I like leading zeroes.)

When selecting a group of files for the auto numbering wizard, we could look at the data, and pre-fill the Discnumber tag like this.

• If all the Discnumber fields are identical AND contain just an integer (NO entries like "1/2"), then prefill Begin at discnumber with that integer
  • If all the Discnumber fields are identical AND contain 2 integers separated by slashes (they are ALL entries like "1/2"), then prefill Begin at discnumber with the integer BEFORE the slash
  • If all the selected files do not have identical Discnumber tags, then prefill Begin at discnumber with 1, like it is now. I could also see this scenario creating a new behavior choice in preferences... some might like it to default to 1, some to null, maybe some want the discnumber unselected in the wizard. This is an edge case for sure though!

Not such a big deal but clicks add up. :wink:

For this task you do not need the track numbering wizard, you can use an action of the type "Format value" for TRACK instead with
Format string: $num(%track%,2)

Which is then also true for folks that do not follow your described workflow ...

In my workflow it is still typical to review the album and select the tracks to make other adjustments. So, another ctrl-K for the numbering wizard is still a good option.