Feature Request

Hello, I am a long time user of this great program, and since I started using it I have always wanted this feature. It would greatly ease the sorting process for me.

Here it is:

When renaming files (in windows) based on id3 tag, often times there are characters in the tag that are not allowed in file names. When mp3tag comes across such a file, it asks for the user to rename the file to something acceptable. My idea is to have an option somewhere that will automatically replace invalid filename characters with a character of the users choice.

So, if I wanted to rename a file with a title tag of "Hello?", I could automatically have it renamed to "Hello-" or some such equivalent without having to enter it manually. Though this might seem like a small inconvenience, I use mp3tag a lot and the inconvenience certainly adds up.

Thank you for consideration, and to the author(s), for such a great app.

Please, post a response if anyone needs further clarification or wishes to discuss the matter further.

Thanks again,
-UnS

This is already possible if you use the $validate() function: $validate(%artist% - %album% - %track% - %title%,-)

:smiley: that makes me happy. Thanks -- you should add something about the $validate function to the documentation...

Thanks again,
-UnS

It's already there: http://help.mp3tag.de/en/main_scripting.html