Feature Suggestion: Tag sources in extrended tags dialogue

There are several ways to get the cover art into a track.
As it happens, when I tagged a number of albums, I had a mixture of sources for the albumart files: some in the folders where the album resides, some had to be extracted from the internet.
Now: when I use the extended tags dialogue to get the album art from the folder, this is ok if there is a file.
If there is not, then I have to close the file selection dialogue, close the extended tags dialogue, open the tag sources dialogue, select the appropriate tag source.

My wish would be to incorporate the tag sources menu as a drop down list or something in the extended tags dialogue so that I do not have to close all the dialogues to access the tag sources.
I do not ask for extra functions, just a shortcut.

Here is my shortcut:

Activate:
"Display cover art" at
Tools > Options > Tag-Panel

and deactivate:
"Don't display first image from file directory as cover art" at
Tools > Options > Tags

Then you don't have to open the extended tag dialog at all, and you don't have to open the "add cover" file selection dialog when there is no file in the folder because you see that in the preview window.
Note the difference in the preview window:
If the cover image is already in the tag, image/jpeg (or other file extention) is displayed beside the preview.
If there is no tag-cover-image but a file in the folder, the filename is displayed beside the preview. In this case a right-click on the preview is enough to open the add cover file selection dialog.

Cover art

Yes, this is almost it.
Yet, even though you can do almost everything in the extended tag dialogue, not all tag-related functions are grouped together.
But for the time being, I am satisfied. Thank you.

Will this actually store the cover in the mp3 file or just display it in Mp3tag :mt_help:

display:
Activate:
"Display cover art" at
Tools > Options > Tag-Panel
and deactivate:
"Don't display first image from file directory as cover art" at
Tools > Options > Tags

store:
a right-click on the preview is enough to open the add cover file selection dialog.
(right click > Add cover... > choose the cover in the folder > Open)

Now that's what I been trying to do :smiley:

I still think a drop-down browse box would be better, but this works pretty good.

just for completeness:

right click > Add cover... > doubleclick on the cover in the folderwindow > Save in Mp3tag (ctrl+s)