File and Folder Renaming.. And Other General Questions

Hey guys, this is my very first time using mp3tag and I was wondering if you guys could help me figure some stuff out. For starters I am using the newest version of mp3 tag(v 2.39) and am obviously a novice user.

Well, for starters. Is it possible to rename an mp3 according to its tag information? For example, say I correctly tag an mp3 and I want it renamed in the following way - Track Number#- Song Name (01- Song Name). If possible, how would I go about doing this?

Also, is it possible to create new folders based on tag information? For example, say I have an album and I get all the tracks included in the album correctly tagged. Now I want to save it a new directory and have mp3tag automatically name the folder that the album will be stored in according to tag information. For example, something like Artist Name- Album Name or something similar. Of course I'll be doing this with a large batch of files, if it was only 10 or so files I'd do it myself.

And last but not least. What is the ideal cover art size to embed into mp3s? I have an iPod and want the cover art to looks as best as possible both in itunes and on the ipod itself. I was thinking something like 600x600 pixels, but am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Please try menu Convert > tag - filename
It renames files based on tag and can also create folders (by a backslash).

Example string: %artist%-%album%$num(%track%,2) - %title%

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

However, is it possible to have mp3tag create the folders in a new directory? Right now I have my mp3s/albums in one folder/directory and I want to move them into a new folder (say 'My Music') and have mp3tag create the folders (and folder names) according to tag information. Is this possible?

Okay, I have searched the forum all day and have yet to find an answer. :[

Surely this must be possible?

You can type in an absolute path e.g.
C:\My Music\%artist%-%album%$num(%track%,2) - %title%

Amazing! Thank you so much.

I love MP3tag at the moment. But I'm still wondering about the album art. Any suggestions?

This is what I was looking for but unsure of the scripting to rename a file once it has been taged and have it moved to a specific file for example.

I want the file named Artist-Album-Song Title.mp3 and moved to Genre--> Artist --> Album.

I am assuming I need to change either tag or filename under convert in options. any help would be great..

also lots of my mp3 don't have tags and was wondering if this software will pull the info from a online database and auto tag them or do I have to do it manually.

Just use

%genre%\\%artist%\\%album%\\%artist%-%album%-%title%

at Converter > Tag - File name.

I'd use

%genre%\\%artist%\\%album%\$num(%track%,2). %title% if you'd ask me.

You have to do it manually but the menu item Tag Sources might help you.