File renaming question

Here's a tricky one for all you experts! (Of which I am most certainly not one :wink: )

How can I rename a file such as:

02-Accompagnato (Tenor). Comfort ye my people.flac

so it becomes simply

02-Comfort ye my people.flac

i.e. remove all characters up to and including the space after the dot, but leave the first 3 characters (the track number) intact?

And another one: :slight_smile:

How to rename e.g.

15-Thou, Merab, first in birth (Recit. Saul, Merab) - My soul rejects (Air. Merab) - See, with what a scornful air - Ah, lovely youth (Air. Michal).flac

to be

15-Thou, Merab, first in birth - My soul rejects - See, with what a scornful air - Ah, lovely youth.flac

i.e. remove all brackets and their contents, and leave only one space either side of the hyphen?

Possibly I'm asking the impossible, but many thanks in advance anyway!!

Set Filter: %_FILENAME% MATCHES "^.+-.+.\s+.+$"
Converter Filename - Filename
Mask old filename: %1-%2. %3
Mask new filename: %1-%3

Set Filter: %_FILENAME% MATCHES "^.+-.+\s+(.+)\s+-\s+.+\s+(.+)\s+-\s+.+\s+-\s+.+\s+(.+)$"
Converter Filename - Filename
Mask old filename: %1-%2 (%3) - %4 (%5) - %6 - %7 (%8)
Mask new filename: %1-%2 - %4 - %6 - %7

DD.20100517.1858.CEST

Thanks very much, that works a treat!

Sorry, but just one more question regarding my second query: is there an expression which will work however many sets of brackets there are, wherever they occur in the filename? e.g. one that will work for, e.g.:

13-Birth and fortune I despise (Air. David).flac

as well as

15-Thou, Merab, first in birth (Recit. Saul, Merab) - My soul rejects (Air. Merab) - See, with what a scornful air - Ah, lovely youth (Air. Michal).flac

This might be possible ...
Set Filter: %_FILENAME% MATCHES "\s(.+?)(\s|$)"
Action "Format Value"
Field: _FILENAME
Formatstring: $trim($regexp(%_FILENAME%' ','(\s(.+?)\s)',' '))

DD.20100517.2006.CEST

Detlev, you are a genius! Thank you!