Filename - Tag. Specify order when using different path parts

Hi,

I'm a long time mp3tag user trying to get the ALBUM tag from the path using Finename to Tag menu option.

Having this path+file:

M:\C\1\(1685-1750) Johann Sebastian Bach\Cantatas\[Suzuki]\BWV 0006-Bleib bei uns, denn es will Abend werden\05-Vol.36-BWV6 Aria Tenore Jesu la uns auf dich sehen.flac

Using string \%artist%\%dummy%\%dummy%\%album%\%track%-%title% --- I get --> BWV 0006-Bleib bei uns, denn es will Abend werden

Using string \%artist%\%dummy%\%album%\%album%\%track%-%title% --- I get --> [Suzuki] BWV 0006-Bleib bei uns, denn es will Abend werden

Is there any way to get this one ---> BWV 0006-Bleib bei uns, denn es will Abend werden [Suzuki]

In other words, is it possible an easy way to specify the order when I use different parts of the path to get a tag value?

If not, I would appreciate if somebody can suggest a similar script I can modify\try ... on any other idea.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

I think it is easiest to first extract the scattered information into a user-defined field (with the function Convert>Filename>Tag and perhaps a format string like
%album%\%title% '['%my_album%']' - %track%)
and then either use Convert-Tag-Tag or an action of the type "Format tag field" to merge %album% and %my_album% to ALBUM.

Thanks a lot ohrenkino!!

Finaly I found a good and easy 2 step solution:

1. Make a Convert > Filename - Tag using string: %album%%album%%dummy%

2. Make a Convert > Tag - Tag to ALBUM field using the following expression: $mid(%album%,$add(2,$strstr(%album%,'] ')),1000) $Left(%album%,$strstr(%album%,'] ')) (That's the idea you give me) :slight_smile: