Filename - Tag

Even though Tags are present, when I click Convert/Filename - tag [OK] button not enabled. Please advise what could be possible causes. Have also tried tag - filename with same problem.
thank you.
Alistair+

What's the filename and what's your formatstring?

Excellent - I see what you mean; the information the ID required was not sufficient in filename until the ID settings were changed to suit thank you very much.
Alistair+

Hi, My name is Florentino and I am new to MP3Tag. I did not realize it had the ability to import. Maybe you can say "import" somewhere in addtion to Convert, File - Tag. this threw me for a long time, I would be embarrased to say how long.

I also am not getting anything when I do an import of Tags from a file. I tried doing an export and doing an import but I had already made changes to the import string so I am a bit confused.

I edited the .csv export string as follows:

$filename("csv")Title;Artist;Album;Track;Year;Length;Filename;Genre;
$loop(%_filename_ext%)%title%;%artist%;%album%;%track%;%year%;%_length_seconds%;%filename%;%genre%;
$loopend()build on %_date% with %_app% - the universal Tag editor - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Here are all the current options for the Tag and File settings:

Tag:

Filename - Tag:

%artist% - %title% - %track% -%album%

File
D:\Documents and Settings\florentino\Desktop\sequence2.csv

Formatsrting

%title%/%artist%/%album%/%track%/%year%/%_length_seconds%/%filename%/%genre%

File:

Tag-Filename
%artist% - %album% - $num(%track%,2) - %title%

Old Filename pattern:

New Filename pattern:
%artist%/%title%/%track%

I get confused about what should be there and which string controls which aspect of the process. Not sure where I am going wrong but any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Florentino

If the attributes are semi-colon delimited in the CSV, you have to use a semi-colon (:wink: in the formatstring, too. I see you use a backslash.
As for %_length_seconds%, I think you can use %dummy% there since the playtime is not a tag and therefore cannot be changed. Oh, and isn't %filename% supposed to be %_filename%?

Yes, you are right re: backslash and regarding file names. Thank you.

One small problem still, i get 1 extra file and the first one Track 1 is not renamed...am I missing something in the setup... both export and import have same number of tracks?

Addendum:
I removed the top line of the CSV file and got the files to be renamed but I am getting them in the wrong order 1 gets track 17 information, etc. Whithout any apparent logic, what am I missing?

Example:

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 1.flac" ->
Title: Bajo El Cono Azul
Artist: Alfredo Deangelis - F. Ruiz
Album: Tandas - Sequencia #2
Track: 17
Year: 2003
Genre: Vals;,,

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 2.flac" ->
Title: Cero al As
Track: 18
Year: 1944

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 3.flac" ->
Title: Mi Dolor
Artist: Alfredo Deangelis
Track: 19
Year: 

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 4.flac" ->
Title: Pavadita
Artist: Alfredo Deangelis
Track: 20
Year: 

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 5.flac" ->
Title: Adios Arrabal
Artist: Angel D'angostinso, Angel Vargas
Track: 2
Year: 1941
Genre: Tango;

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 6.flac" ->
Title: Ahora No Me Conoces
Track: 3

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 7.flac" ->
Title: Asi era el Tango
Track: 4
Year: 

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 8.flac" ->
Title: Cafe Dominguez
Track: 1
Year: 1955

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 9.flac" ->
Title: El Chamuyo
Artist: Francisco Canaro
Track: 10
Year: 
Genre: Tango;,,

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 10.flac" ->
Title: Lorenzo
Track: 11
Year: 

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 11.flac" ->
Title: Poema
Track: 9
Year: 1935

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 12.flac" ->
Title: Retintin
Track: 12
Year: 

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 13.flac" ->
Title: Bajo Un Cielo De Estrellas
Artist: Miguel Calo
Track: 7

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 14.flac" ->
Title: El Vals Sonador
Track: 5
Year: 1942

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 15.flac" ->
Title: Jugando
Track: 6

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 16.flac" ->
Title: Pedacito De Cielo
Track: 8

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 17.flac" ->
Title: Desde El Alma
Artist: Quinteto Pirincho
Track: 23
Year: 1952
Genre: Vals;

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 18.flac" ->
Title: El Trovero
Track: 22
Year: 1938

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 19.flac" ->
Title: Maria Esther
Track: 21
Year: 

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 20.flac" ->
Title: Vibraciones del Alma
Track: 24
Year: 1956

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 21.flac" ->
Title: Asi es La Milonga
Artist: Ricardo Tanturi
Track: 14

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 22.flac" ->
Title: Bien Criolla Y Bien Portena
Track: 13
Year: 1945

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 23.flac" ->
Title: Mi Morocha
Track: 15
Year: 

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas -  Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 24.flac" ->
Title: Mozo Guapo
Track: 16
Year: 

Also, I am exporting from MP3 files and importing to FLAC files, would this create some problems?

Thank you. Florentino

The file txt_taglist.mte is actually meant to create files for the import.
csv is more for import in MS Excel.

You should remove
Title;Artist;Album;Track;Year;Length;Filename;Genre;
and
build on %_date% with %_app% - the universal Tag editor - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
from your export config.

The import file should have the same amount of lines as files.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction...I noticed that the txt-taglist.mte uses a different format, should i format "taglist-file - tag" fomatstring in the same fashion - %genre% - instead of .../%genre%/.. ?

I tried using both with same formatting and it worked again but with the same mismatching of files!!

Example:

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas - Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 1.flac" ->
Title: Bajo El Cono Azul
Track: 17
Year: 2003
Genre: Vals
Comment: 00000000 00000210 00000A80 0000000000770AF0 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

"H:\TANGO\CD's-FLAC\Tandas - Sequencia 2\Unknown Artist- CD Audio Track 2.flac" ->
Title: Cero al As
Track: 18
Year: 1944
Genre: Vals
Comment: 00000000 00000210 00000984 000000000070C56C 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

I can try re-ripping the flac files, as it seems the MP3 files are correct but a percursoy comparison of the file times does not lead me to believe this is the issue. any ideas? thank you.

Florentino

Thank you, Florentino

It depends how your export file looks. Just be sure that the import file and the "taglist-file - tag" fomatstring have the same structure.

The files in the file view must be in the same order as in the import file!

The files in the file view are in the same order as in the import file and I am using the same structure in the formatstring. But, I still get the jumbled order. When I re-order the .txt file using Excel and then save as .txt and try the import again. Then it does not read any info and I get no results again. Very confused here.

florentino

How does your export config look now?

$loop(%_filename_ext%) sorts the files by filename, if you want to sort by the order in the file vew, you can use an empty loop: $loop()

Maybe the immediate renaming with %_filename% brings the files out of order?