Filename to Filename Conversion

I am working with a large number of files that all have consistent filenames. Each file name consists of three parts, %1, %2, and %3. Often, parts %1 and %2 are the same for multiple files. However, one part of the filename %3, is a person’s actual name. This avoid two files having the exact same name. For demo and documentation purposes, I would like to convert the actual person’s name to a different placeholder name, perhaps “Person 001” (you know, to protect the innocent). I know filename-filename conversion can almost do this. Starting with: %1 %2 %3, I can convert this to: %1 %2 Person

Is there any way I can get mp3tag to increment a number so that each filename will end up with a unique “Person” identifier(e.g. Person 001, Person 002, Person 003, etc.)? I’m looking that $add(x,y) scripting function, but would welcome some help. Thanks!

I am not sure what you want to do:
Do you want to get a unique Person xyz for each individual person e.g.
Frank is Person001
Peter is Person002

and every time that Frank is part of the name you want to insert "Person001"?

I doubt that this is possible without export.

If, on the other hand, you only want to add an increasing number, there is the counter
%_counter%
You can add that to the filename.
The counter does not reset, though, but counts all elements in a selection.

Very cool! Almost works. I have filename %1_%2_%3. I have the following conversion:

%1_%2_Person$num(%_counter%,3)

I'm getting the conversion with the number stating at "000". However, the counter does not increment and keeps generating "000". The process stops when mp3tag runs into the occurrence where %1 and %2 was an exact match of a preceding file because the counter is stuck at "000". Thank you so much for any advice.

What about an action of the type "Format value" for FILENAME
Format string: $regexp(%filename%,(.*)(.*)
(.*),$1_$2_Person$num(%_counter%,3))

THANK YOU!!