filter for mp3’s that have more than one album name in the same folder?

Slightly obscure question I know but is there anyway I can script or filter for mp3’s that have more than one album name in the same folder?

My folder structure is

%Genre%\%artist%\%year% %album%\%track% - %title%

I seem to have a few stray albums folder where the album tag is inconsistent across the mp3s. With about 50,000 mp3s it gets hard to spot them all manually

I can’t figure out how to do it. Maybe that is because it’s impossible but worth asking you clever lot!

I doubt that you can do it within MP3tag as a) the filetype is not Mp3tag's domain and :sunglasses: MP3tag only looks at the current file but does not compare successive ones.

What you could do is to dump a list of filenames in a text-file and then check this text-file e.g. with Excel.
Open a command shell and navigate to the top folder of your music library
enter the command

dir *.jpg /b /s > covers.txt
Open the textfile in e.g. Excel, separate the filenames from the path and then enter a formula like
if(a1;b1;0;1)
and filter for the 1s.

You’ve put me along the right lines. I can export the folder name and the album tag (using the export facility) and then load them into a database and use SQL to identify the offending tags.

Thanks

Maybe this export script can help ...

$filename($getEnv('USERPROFILE')'\Desktop\AlbumDiff.txt',UTF-8)
$loop(%_folderpath%,1)$loop(%ALBUM%,1)%_folderpath%' === '%ALBUM%
$loopend()$loopend()

DD.20120119.2025.CET

Possibly this report is a little bit more comfortable to read ...

1: $filename($getEnv('USERPROFILE')'\Desktop\AlbumDiff.txt',UTF-8)

2: $loop(0)$loop(%_folderpath%,1)$puts(MaxWidth1,$ifgreater($len(%_folderpath%),$get(MaxWidth1),$len(%_folderpath%),$get(MaxWidth1)))$loopend()
3: $loop(%_folderpath%,1)$loop(%ALBUM%,1)$left(%_folderpath%$repeat($char(32),$get(MaxWidth1)),$get(MaxWidth1))' ==> '%ALBUM%
4: $loopend()$loopend()$repeat('=',$get(MaxWidth1))$loopend()
5: $loop(0)$loop(%ALBUM%,1)$puts(MaxWidth2,$ifgreater($len(%ALBUM%),$get(MaxWidth2),$len(%ALBUM%),$get(MaxWidth2)))$loopend()
6: $loop(%ALBUM%,1)$loop(%_folderpath%,1)$left(%ALBUM%$repeat($char(32),$get(MaxWidth2)),$get(MaxWidth2))' ==> '%_folderpath%
7: $loopend()$loopend()$repeat('=',$get(MaxWidth2))$loopend()

DD.20110120.0640.CET

Exists "Same Folder String"?