Filter if "modified date" is greater than "create date"

Hello All!

I want to be able to filter the tracks I’ve tagged, so they no longer display after they’ve been updated. I saw this post Filter by date? and it pointed me to the RAW data and I’ve tried various combinations of %_file_mod_datetime_raw%>%_file_create_datetime_raw%, but I can’t get the output I need. All of my filters just end up showing everything.

I created the two columns that DetLevD suggested and I’ve verified that the integers returned by both data types are different, I just can’t figure out the syntax to have the filter output just the newer files.

Jeremy

Could you give examples of typical “all-inclusive” filters?

The syntax for an appropriate filter expression was shown in this post …
Filter by date?
For example:
"$ifgreater(%_file_mod_datetime_raw%,%_file_create_datetime_raw%,1,0)" IS 1

But your problem cannot be solved by comparison of file modification and file creation.

DD.20110823.0750.CEST

Here’s just a couple of examples that I tried (the others are embarrassing, now that I’ve researched it).

$ifgreater(%_file_mod_datetime_raw%,1313807105,0,1) IS 1
"$ifgreater(%_file_mod_datetime_raw%,1313807105,1,0)" IS 1
%_file_mod_datetime_raw% GREATER %_file_create_datetime_raw%
$if($greater(%_file_mod_datetime_raw%,%_file_create_datetime_raw%),1)
$ifgreater(%_file_mod_datetime%,%_datetime%)

So what I’m asking is not possible at all? Is there another way to approach this that I’m not seeing?

$ifgreater(%_file_mod_datetime_raw%,1313807105,0,1) IS 1

Bad syntax.
Double apostrophes missing around the left part of the filter expression.

"$ifgreater(%_file_mod_datetime_raw%,1313807105,1,0)" IS 1

Should work.

%_file_mod_datetime_raw% GREATER %_file_create_datetime_raw%

Bad syntax.
Double apostrophes missing around the left part of the filter expression.
Maybe the right part of the filter expression’s comparison operator GREATER needs to be a dedicated integer number, but no info field placeholder variable.
But this comparison, if it would work, will give no meaningful result, because modification datetime is always greater than creation datetime.

$if($greater(%_file_mod_datetime_raw%,%_file_create_datetime_raw%),1)

Bad syntax.
Double apostrophes missing around the expression.
A function named $greater does not exist.
Function $if missing parameters.

$ifgreater(%_file_mod_datetime%,%_datetime%)

Bad syntax.
Function $ifgreater missing parameters.

:book:

Please read the Mp3tag help manual.
See section “Filter” rules and examples.
See section “Scripting” general and other functions.

If you want to detect any modification of a subject, then you need an indicator, which shows the difference between two states of the subject, for example …
… the difference in the data content of the file.
… the difference in the checksum of the data content of the file.
… the difference in the access datetime stamp of the file in the filesystem.
… the difference in the modification datetime stamp of the file in the filesystem.
… or any useful combination of such indicators.
Mp3tag does not offer a pre-post state control tool for such revisions in the filter section of the list view.

There might be a way around.
When finished the work on a file, one can set an user defined tag-field e. g. ‘DONE’ to the value of ‘1’.
All files which contain this tag-field value DONE=1 can be suppressed in the list view by the filter expression …

NOT DONE IS 1

To refresh the already filtered view press key [F3] twice.
After all work is done, the user defined tag-field DONE can be removed from all files.

There might be another way around without filtering (… already indicated in the referred thread in post #3).
When finished the work on a file, sort the file list view by %_file_mod_datetime_raw% (this needs to have a column defined) in order to move the latest modification to top or bottom of the list.
Leave this file there or …
… select this file and delete it from the list by pressing key [Del].
To see all files again refesh the current view by pressing key [F5].

DD.20110824.0940.CEST

A Tip for Filtering by File Dates