Find files whit similar tags

Hello, this is my first post on the forum ...

Well ... I want to do is to search a specific tag files that are similar but not the same, for example:
file1: Artist = "Charly García" (with accent)
file2: Artist = "Charly Garcia" (without accent)
file3: Artist = "Charli Garcia"

This I want to do in order to get consistency in my library. Not if you can because I can do to filter comparisons between two or more files. Anyway let the question.

Sorry for the English, is Google :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunatly mp3tag cannot compare files to check if they're similar. The only thing you can do is:

Press F3 and enter the following.

"%artist%" HAS "charly" OR "%artist%" HAS "charli"

which searches ARTIST tag for "charly" or "charli"

Then when you want to replace the names you want to change to 'Charly García' use this:

Begin Action Group _Script Test#TEST

Action #1 Actiontype 5: Format value Field ______: ARTIST Formatstring: $regexp(%artist%,'Charly García|Charli Garcia|Charly Garcia','Charly García,1)

End Action Group _Script Test#TEST (1 Action)

The red part Charly García|Charli Garcia|Charly Garcia means find Charly García

| or Charli Garcia | or Charly Garcia

the ,1) at the end means ignore case, so if Charly García was actually 'charly garcia' it would still change it.

You can add to this if you want by adding another | after Charly Garcia and then use a different way of spelling the name.

Example:

Formatstring: $regexp(%artist%,'Charly García|Charli Garcia|Charly Garcia|DIFFENT NAME HERE','Charly García,1)

and replaces with whats in purple Charly García. It's up to you which one you want to replace and keep at this stage.

Thank you very much, the way to do it already had in mind, but looking pretty yesterday I realized that it is not possible with Mp3tag to check the consistency of my music library.

Just found a program that does what I need BeaTunes called, but it's a pay program that does not have all the features, if they know of any please serve me can tell me.

I think the best would be to make inquiries as to a database, but I think there is no program that allows.

Thank you!

There are users of Mp3tag, who export some tag-fields per filename to a text file, then run an external spell checking application against the text file, afterwards import the checked data into the tags of the related files.

DD.20121109.1830.CET