Finding "Publisher" from Discogs

Hi,

Firstly, massive props to everyone involved in this software. It's really great work you're doing!

I'd like to know if something is possible with the script framework. I have a bunch of purchased mp3s but they don't have the "Publisher" tags filled in. I would like to fill them in with the record label that they were released on. However, I don't want to change any other tags - just the Publisher one.

I know that Discogs has lots of this info and I found a script that almost does what I want. It searches discogs with the Album name from the tag, then I pick the Album that looks like the one and click next. Then I have to read the Publisher field, remember it, then close the box and manually enter it by right-clicking on the track, looking at the extended tags, and adding a new tag for Publisher. It's taking me a very long time at the moment and I wondered if there's an easier way.

If I click next again (rather than closing the script window) it fills in all the tag fields from Discogs, but this isn't what I want to do. The only one I want to change is the Publisher one.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks, Alex =]

use my script & follow my script installation & usage instruction:
/t/9226/1

at step 6 of the instruction, do the following:

• set all DISCOGS_... & DISCOGS~... fields to no, set only DISCOGS_LABEL to publisher
  • set OPTION: DOWNLOAD COVER ART to no
  • set TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR STANDARD SCRIPTS to set "tracks"

then my script will do exactly what you want.

EDIT:
I just noticed, that if you set all field to no, the script search doesn't work find the tag from the files any more.

So you should leave also DISCOGS_ARTIST or DISCOGS_ALBUMARTIST and DISCOGS_ALBUM to their standard values. And maybe other tags you want to use for search (possible with my script: DISCOGS_YEAR, DISCOGS_CATALOG#, DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID, DISCOGS_RELEASE_URL)

To have them still not written, set TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR STANDARD SCRIPTS to
set "tracks"
set "artist"
set "albumartist"
set "album"
set "year"
set "catalog #"
set "discogs_release_id"
set "www"

(You have to write it in extra lines as I did above .You only need those fields there which you have not set to no before)

This is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much! =]