Fixing Unknown Album title with mixtapes

Hi. I have a number of custom mixtapes that have been digitized from cassettes. (Yes, I made them a long time ago, but I'm very attached to them.) In my Android phone, they come up as Unknown Album no matter what app I use to listen with, even though I have named them in the original files, e.g. 'Tape 9'. A screenshot from MP3TAG is attached.

I'm not familiar with metatags or with MP3TAG. Suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks!

MP3 tag Unknown Album.pdf (269.4 KB)

You have to fill at least the tags TITLE, ALBUM, ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST.

I understand you this way that the whole tape is 1 track only?
Normally the title is the individual title of the song.

The album tag should be "Tape 9",
the title can stay the same and the artist and albumartist tag can be filled with "Various Artists".

The is no guarantee that this will work because every player is special in these things.
I would change the filename in "Tape 9" too.

Thanks. I haven't had time to try this yet, but it looks like great input to a problem I've been looking for a solution to for a while.

BTW, my mixtapes usually got broken into several chunks due to gaps when I digitized them from old cassettes. So there may be several "tracks" in each.

That’s fine, just use Tape 9 Track 01, Tape 9 Track 02, etc for those fields, or even Tape 9-01, Tape 9-02, etc. But to keep them sorted together, the Album and AlbumArtist tags must match. And you should also include the Artist tag, even if it is just something like Various or Various Artists in these cases. That will help make sure the player handles each properly.