FLAC tags not read in Android 2.1

Hi all.

I've recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1), and although the spec states quite clearly that it supports FLAC, this is only a half-truth, as far as I can see. I've tried various different media players, and while they all play the FLAC, they all also cannot read the tags.

This is a real deal breaker for me, as I purchased the phone solely for listening to music media, which is mostly FLAC and some mp3, and scrobbling to Last.fm, so without tags this renders my phone useless for that purpose. However, returning the phone to the vendor (it's less than 1 week old) is a last resort, so I'm trying to get as much info as I can about the situation, and whether there is a viable solution (google searches don't say much about Android and FLAC, to be honest). I'm also assuming it is an Android or App issue, as opposed to the phone itself, but I'm still not absolutely sure, of course.

I use Mp3tag for 99% of my tagging, with f2k coming a distant second. I don't use any other tagging method. I use version 2.46a, and my FLAC tags read "FLAC (FLAC)".

Any help here would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy S II Android 2.3.3 smartphone and MP3TAG 2.48 with M4A files.

I found that there was a bug with versions < 2.36, but i've tried to "optimize MP4" with 2.48 (contextual menu), no chance.

Any idea where the problem is?

Thanks in advance, i look forward to being able to listen to music with my phone :wink: