Formatting FILENAME

Using this string in the Tag-->Filename action give the desired results for formatting the filename of a FLAC file:

$num(%tracknumber%,2)-%artist% - %title%

which results in this example:

01-Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys - Osage Stomp.flac

However, using what I thought was the same string as an Action Item does nothing:

Format value "FILENAME": $num(%tracknumber%,2)-%artist% - %title%

What do I need to do to fix this? I would like to apply all of my corrections or actions in one final combination of steps as a single Action item.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Dennis...aka "d2b"

I think that the name of the pseudo-field for the filename is _FILENAME (with an underscore). You now probably have a field called FILENAME in your tags.

The goal was and still is to have a tag with the field name of FILENAME. As it turns out, you are correct about the need to add the underscore in front of FILENAME to create a proper action item. Doing so makes it perform correctly.

I thought about this possibility but was mislead by the fact that in the list of selections for the Tag --> Filename configuration, the underscore is not shown. Had I been more alert, I would have noticed the underscore when creating the action as part of the compound Action Item we use after all of our other tagging has been completed.

Thank you for finding my error.

Dennis...aka "d2b"