Function for urlencode?

Hi, I want to pass Text to a URL that fills a form on a website.

To build the URL I need to urlencode the text. Is there a function for it? If not, why not? It's 2012, people do stuff online :wink:

I found this topic /t/11477/1 where someone wrote a manual urldecoding list. That seems like a very bad solution which could easily be solved by adding urlencode functionality. Javascript's encodeURIComponent would also work if linebreaks are replaced to \n.

Use
[Encoding]=url

in the script and Mp3tag url encodes the url it requests.

[Encoding]=url does only work for web sources.
Flashin '95 is planning to use Mp3tag's export for this (as I know from some advice I have given him before). So this post landed in the wrong forum section.

The goal in this project is to export .url files which open a web page with a fill-in form. This form should be filled automatically with values from one or more mp3 files via an url parameter.
The $loop() function of Mp3tag's export is neccessary, because this should work for more than one file.

We would need a function like $endcode(%fieldname%,url) here to do it propper, otherwise we would have to build long constructions like $replace(%fieldname%,?,'%3F',=,'%3D',&,'%26', ,'%20') and regex like $regexp(%fieldname%,\r\n,'%0A').