General differences between ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4?

For some reason my mp3 player (Creative Zen Vision:M with latest firmware) is apparently having trouble with ID3v2.4 tagged files. The other day I was transferring an mp3 titled "You are the Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder onto my Vision:M, but for some reason, the track title ends up truncated as "You are the Sunshine of My Lif" on the player. This also happens with any other files with long title names (it also affects album titles and any other relatively long bits of information). My entire collection of music is tagged in id3v2.4 This problem does not seem to occur with id3v2.3 tagged files. I haven't been able to find a resolution for the issue.

So my question is...what sort of advantages to v2.4 would I be losing if I batch converted all my files to v2.3 in Mp3tag? Are there any? I only use Title/Artist/Album/Year/Track/Genre, so anything else that is affected is alright with me.

I've tried asking on Creative's forums and I haven't received any responses. :frowning:

Thanks for any help. :slight_smile:

EDIT: And I just realized this topic probably fits better in the General Discussion forum...sorry about that. :frowning:

With your current use of ID3v2 you won't have any disadvantages.
You gain more correct tag reading support by software players and hardware devices.

Alright then, v2.3 it is, thanks very much for your help. :slight_smile:

For a long while I was a v2.4 zealot, but I have started reverting to v2.3 because compatibility issues. It's frustrating, but you won't lose much by staying at v2.3. Maybe in 10 or 20 years everyone will catch up to MP3Tag.

D.