Genre 3.37-beta.1

@Florian Typing in the Genre box no longer follows you as you type and there are no Genres listed for the typing to follow.

Can you please check if

  1. Options → General → Auto-completion at selection boxes is enabled, and

  2. Options → Tag Panel → Genre → Custom field values → Manage... has Prefer values from tags in list at Tag Panel disabled?

My suspicion is, that the 2. configuration setting is currently enabled. This would show the genres list only if you're working with an empty field, otherwise the list contains what's already stored in the selected files.

Please double-check and let me know.


While researching this issue, I found a regression where custom field values were not always made available in the Tag Panel fields. I'm working on a fix.

Hi Florian,

I went for my tea and left mp3tag open. When I got back I typed in the box and it worked. Then I tried typing in the box again and nothing again.

As for the options they are 1. enabled 2. disabled.

Thanks.

PS. The upside is that it now shows only the tags being used on the selected files, which is something I like (as my history here will tell you). If, it did this, but as soon as you started typing it reverted to "your" correct behaviour, that might be nice too.

Can you try again with Mp3tag v3.37-beta.2 and check if it auto-completes the genres?

Yep that works.

Great. Thanks.

1 Like