Get Total Number of Tracks to Tag Track: Track No. / Total No. Tracks

Hi,

I would like to express again, how much I appreciate Mp3tag. It's amazing, in my opinion, and the way it's presented, and offered, is also amazing, and adds to how amazing the software is in itself. It's just an amazing experience to be using Mp3tag, it's really great, and I wish I could give it five stars from the bottom of my heart, because I think it deserves it.

That being said, I'm having a bit of a problem. I'd like to tag the Track field / however, I have no idea how to acquire the total number of tracks.

Normally, I'd use arithmetic functions like max(), ceil(), or whatever, to find the largest number across a selection, but in this case, I really have no idea how to go at it... The more I think about it, I'm not even sure it's possible.

Is it? Can anyone help? Florian?

A reference to the scripting functions can be found in the help:
http://help.mp3tag.de/main_scripting.html

The track numbering wizard has the option to add the total track number.

There is the variable %_total_files% that could be used to reference the number of files in the current selection.
Please note that MP3tag does not know anything about albums or any other data than that of the current file. So it is not possible to compare data from one file with that of the other.

The only workaround would be with an export-loop, write the totals amount of tracks in a text-file and import this textfile later.

Like... why? I could also specify it as a static string.

There's a donate button, you know? You don't have to contribute your time...

Ah, the Autonumbering Wizard... Well if that's there, then it's probably as close as I'll get to what I wanted.

Thanks.