Google Webscript For Mp3Tag?

Is there a Google web-script currently or previously written for Mp3Tag?

I downloaded a mp3 tagging program (Mp3nity) to fill in missing tag data and noticed it has the same DB search for mp3 look-up (Amazon, Musicbrainz & Free-db) plus a link to Google.

I did a search in Google an ran across a file: Mp3Tag Audio Indexer 1.05, which is why I'm asking the question.

The Google DB gives all the info in a simple layout and imports the Composer and Producer in it's own field.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=...125958216136788

Thanks

Never stumbled across that google database. There is no Mp3tag script for it yet. But it would surely be possible to write one, if someone has the motivation to do so.
Do you know more about that database? Where does the data come from? I'm asking because your example page shows some artists with "[1]" after their name, similar as at discogs.com. But a quick look at discogs showed, that this album doesn't have all these detailed credits their.
On the other side, the google database misses some important things. There is no release year and publisher on that page, which are pretty essential tag fields. (Although you can see them when you click on the "Overview" link, but web scripts can't read data from different pages in one go). The coverart is very small and I don't see a link to watch a larger picture. And if you look at the last track, you see the name is cut off because it is too long. That is also very bad for a database which you want to rely on to get your files tagged.

The Mp3Tag Audio Indexer 1.05 is a plugin for Google Desktop Search. I never tested it because I don't use Google Desktop Search and my files are well indexed in my Mediaplayer. I don't think the plugin or Google Desktop Search itself offers a interface to the Google database, at least this is mentioned nowhere. The plugin can be found here:
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/gds.html

[quote name='pone' post='57089']
Never stumbled across that google database. There is no Mp3tag script for it yet. But it would surely be possible to write one, if someone has the motivation to do so.
Do you know more about that database? Where does the data come from? I'm asking because your example page shows some artists with "[1]" after their name, similar as at discogs.com. But a quick look at discogs showed, that this album doesn't have all these detailed credits their.
On the other side, the google database misses some important things. There is no release year and publisher on that page, which are pretty essential tag fields. (Although you can see them when you click on the "Overview" link, but web scripts can't read data from different pages in one go).

Thanks for the quick response. A few things, the Mp3nity has several fields you can index more than what shows on the example page (such as publishers, year, bio). I like the fact it will input just the fields that are missing, but I was hoping, as you mentioned, someone had created a script for Mp3Tag.

I'm not sure where the database is. Don't use Google Desktop, either, but I was curious when I saw this goggle.

Thanks

'Beluna', I have many times hesitated to ask you, why you do not use the forum QUOTE function correctly, but now I do it ... please explain ... what is the difficulty?

DD.20110726.1530.CEST

Not sure what the quote function. i'm sure i'm making the same mistake now. I'm simply hitting reply. Please explain or provide where to get the info on quot functions and I will correct the issue.

Now it looks fine.
The distinction between QUOTE and new text is immediately obvious.
Thank you.

DD.20110727.0904.CEST