Help needed with dates, and traktor.....

Hi

I have searched this forum, and the traktor forum, and google, and tried lots of things (ID3V2.3, ID3V2.4 etc) but with no luck at all, so i was hoping someone here could help me :slight_smile:

I want to take my file creation date, and for it to show in traktor as the year.

I tried this, but it never worked :

Format value

Field = YEAR

Format string = %_file_create_date%

However, this worked.....

Format value

Field = RELEASEDATE

Format string = %_file_create_date%

Soooo, is there a way off getting the file creation date straight into the YEAR field, or is there a way to copy the RELEASEDATE field to the YEAR field?

I tried this with no luck :frowning:

Format value

Field = YEAR

Format string = %releasedate%

I hope this makes sense, and i'm not missing some thing really simple, but trust me i have tried and failed and would love some help here lol.

AFAIK does the YEAR field only allow a 4-digit-number whereas those ~date fields can contain much more like day and month as well.
So you would have to cut off the year from the date-fields to not cause an overflow
Format tag field: year
Format string: $left(%releasedate%,4)

The YEAR field in ID3v2 can also be in this format: YYYY-MM-DD

I would like YEAR field in the format: YYYY-MM-DD (I'm using ID3 V2), but I still don't know how to get the file creation date into the YEAR field :frowning:

Any idea's guys (and/or girls)?

Check what your date-format looks like, if you transfer it to a tag field.
So for that try make yourself a quick action for e.g COMMENT
with the formatstring: %_file_create_date%

e.g. for me the %_file_create_date% looks like this: 26.02.2013 which is DD.MM.YYYY
As YEAR accepts YYYY-MM-DD you have to reshuffle the order.
In my example
DD can be cut out by $left(%_file_create_date%,2)
MM can be cut out by $mid(%_file_create_date%,4,2)
YYYY can be cut out by $right(%_file_create_date%,4)
So, to transform my %_file_create_date% to YYYY-MM-DD you have to format YEAR with the following string:
$right(%_file_create_date%,4)-$mid(%_file_create_date%,4,2)-$left(%_file_create_date%,2)