Help removing specific characters

Hello friends and good day to you. I am pretty new at using mp3tag but I am learning fast. I have some questions I hope someone can help me with'
First, I would like to remove double dashes from my file name and replace them with single dash. EG: My file name looks like this:Accents - - I Give My Heart To You
I would like to remove the double dashes between the artist name and the title so it looks like this instead: Accents - I Give My Heart To You . Is there a script to
remove the double dashes and spaces and only input a space dash space? Secondly, I have other files that look sort of like this: 0 3 Wilbert Harrison - Goodbye Kansas City
or 0 3. Wilbert Harrison - Goodbye Kansas City I would like to remove the weird numbers or characters before the artist name and replace them with just the artist name space
dash space the title. Is there a script that will remove leading characters from a filename no matter how many characters there are? I know I can use replace with regular expression
and ^.{the number representing how many leading characters} and this will eliminate the leading characters but can be time consuming if the number of leading characters changes
frequently. Lastly, some files have ( or ) at any given point in the filename. Is there a way to eliminate a specific character from the filename so if I want to remove a ( or maybe a
& or ^, I can just change the variable to eliminate this character? Many thanks to the mp3 tag community. This is without a doubt the most awesome program to date. Peace people.

All would be very simple if you filled the tags and then generate filenames with the contents of the fields.
The reason: while a filename is just an amorphous string of characters, the fields structure this information.
You can extract the information with the function Convert>Filename-Tag and a mask like:
%artist% - - %title%

To replace "- - " with " - " use an action of the type Replace for _FILENAME.

To remove leading numbers use an action of the type "Replace with regular expression"
Search string: ^\d \d.
Replace string:
(leave that empty)

The general idea remains: fill the tags first and don't fiddle about with just the filenames. These could be generated much quicker with the function "Convert>Tag-Filename".