Hello, this is my first post here so don't be surprised if I sound like a novice. I'm reorganizing my music library which is a complete mess. The tags are pretty accurate but the file naming and folder hierarchy is a complete catastrophe. The library is 5 years old and houses 40000 songs. I'm trying to come up with a format that looks like this:
- Files would be named like "Track number - Title"
- Directory would be at a specific folder and so it's like "Absolute directory\Album Artist - Album - Year - Bitrate - VBR/CBR"
- If it's a multidisc album, there would be a subfolder named like "Disc 1, Disc 2 ... etc."
I've come up with this script so far:
"_FILENAME": $num(%track%,2) - %title%
"_DIRECTORY": X:\Music\$validate(%albumartist% - %album% - %year% - %_bitrate% - %_vbr%\Disc %discnumber%,_)
Now, the problems are:
- If any of the fields are not present, it creates a " - - " which looks very weird
- I want the disc number to include the first portion only. That is, if it's '1/2', then the subfolder should be 'Disc 1' only. But I'm getting the output as Disc 1_2. Also, if there's no discnumber, it's generating a subfolder named 'Disc ' which is actually another instance of the first problem. I don't want Mp3tag to create a subfolder for albums that don't have multiple discs.
- I realized that lots of my tracks have the year field missing. How can I fix the tag for those? I want to change the year field only. And discogs usually has multiple pressings of the same album but I'd only want the earliest year.
- VBR tracks would probably generate each folder of its own with an estimated bitrate. That's a complete mess. I want it to be like X - Y - 2000 - V0 - VBR if it's a VBR and X - Y - 2000 - 320 - CBR if it's a CBR album.
I do understand the limitations are due to my incomplete script and so I'd be glad if you guys can show me the way. Thanks.