Hotkey selection of all tracks in a folder

I'm curious as to why to date there has been no attempt to implement a hotkey selection of all files in a given folder when multiple folders have been loaded into mp3tag? Is it a lot of coding effort to enable a user to hit a hotkey and have mp3tag automatically select all loaded files residing in the same folder as the file(s) that happened to be selected at the time the hotkey was pressed? To my mind the key purpose of mp3tag is to facilitate tag editing, and being able to highlight a single file and then hit a hotkey to select all loaded audio files in that folder would be a massive boon to ease/ speed of use. Anyone processing multiple albums knows that it's a pain in the proverbial to have to highlight the top or bottom file, position the mouse cursor, hold down shift and click the mouse button to achieve the same result or to drag and highlight with the mouse for that matter. The current selection mechanisms quickly become tedious and can be error prone as you over and/or undershoot the selection.

When using mp3tag I typically load an entire subset of my library at a time (e.g. 0-E) and then proceed to check things album by album, often by viewing extended tags. Having to use the current selection process is really highly inefficient and error prone.

Please would you consider adding this functional enhancement...soon?

Until then you may try this user defined tool (... or did I something misunderstand?):

[#0]
MTTOOLSNAME=&Load this folder
MTTOOLSPARAM=/fp:"%_folderpath%"
MTTOOLSPATH=D:\\\\Programme\\\\Mp3tag\\\\Mp3tag.exe
MTTOOLSINST=0

(excerpt from my "%AppData%\Mp3tag\data\tools.ini")

DD.20090708.1932.CEST

Such a selection "highlight tracks in same subfolder" would be nice and usefull.
If you don't mind, I add my vote: +1 :wink:

QUOTE (DetlevD @ Jul 9 2009, 03:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Until then you may try this user defined tool (... or did I something misunderstand?):
[#0]
MTTOOLSNAME=&Load this folder
MTTOOLSPARAM=/fp:"%_folderpath%"
MTTOOLSPATH=D:\\\\Programme\\\\Mp3tag\\\\Mp3tag.exe
MTTOOLSINST=0

(excerpt from my "%AppData%\Mp3tag\data\tools.ini")

DD.20090708.1932.CEST

I'm afraid you've misunderstood what I'm looking for. Have a look at the screenshot. What I'm after is a hotkey to allow selection of all files in the folder "/media/AudioLIB/0-E/Al di Meola - Anthology [2CD]". The addition of a second hotkey hotkey that skips to the next folder in the sequence (in this case "/media/AudioLIB/0-E/Charles Aznavour - Duos") and selects all files in that folder would be fantastic. In fact, it could be the same hotkey with the code ascertaining what action is required using whatever files are highlighted as the basis for determining the desired course of action.

I've added it to my internal wish list.

I like this suggestion. Even though I seldom work by loading up more than a single artist in Mp3tag, it would facilitate working with individual albums and individual discs within multi-disc albums.

Additionally, it would be nice to see it as a toolbar button along with buttons for Ctrl+A and Shift+Ctrl+A.