How can i add Song info in large mp3 files

Hello, I would like to ask a question for which I have not found a solution yet.
I have very long mp3 files that are 2 hour mixes with about 20 songs.

In these files I would like to add the song titles appearing for instance in wmp12 (like the lyrics)
without cutting the files into single tracks.
Is there a way to just make a mark everytime when a new song in the mix begins?

many thanks in advance
harii

I doubt that there is a solution that keeps your track in one piece.
The mp3-tags are either at the end or at the beginning and are read when the track is played.
So you have to give the player a hint when to read the next set of tags.
As most players have the possibility to fade or blend tracks I am afraid you have to rely on those functions.

Thanks...bzw. Danke for the hint. I guess there is no solution for the issue. I admit, I have not much knowledge about tags.
I read something about flagging a mp3 file which I understood that it could be possible to make a kind of mark when a new track begins.

A alternative for me would be to show at least the titels when the mix is opened in a player.

1. Track
  2. Track
  3. Track

I saw this once but dont know in which tag field the information has to be written.

You can create a cue-sheet *.cue that contains the timings for all the tracks.
Or put the mp3 in a matroska container with chapters.
But not every player supports that...

What's about about mis-using a "synchronized lyric/text" tag field?
So the tracklist could be treated like a song text, coming up with the track title at the right time.

SLT Synchronised lyrics/text
This is another way of incorporating the words, said or sung lyrics,
in the audio file as text, this time, however, in sync with the audio.
It might also be used to describing events e.g. occurring on a stage
or on the screen in sync with the audio

Content type: $00 is other

$01 is lyrics
               $02 is text transcription
               $03 is movement/part name (e.g. "Adagio")
               $04 is events (e.g. "Don Quijote enters the stage")
               $05 is chord (e.g. "Bb F Fsus")</i>

The event content type can be used to signal the point of the cue.

DD.20101005.1507.CEST

Vielen Dank erst mal und sorry, daß ich in Englisch schreibe. Wollte, daß die Info auch anders Sprachige erreicht.

Werde Deinen Tipp mal ausprobieren.

Klingt recht interessant aber auch kompliziert. Aber wie Du schon erwähntest, wahrscheinlich nicht mit allen Playern kompatibel.

Ist vermutlich nicht so einfach realisierbar. Zumindest gibt es auch bei gekauften Mixen von großen Labels keine Titelangabe was gerade läuft (ausser die Tracks sind getrennt).

Merci jedenfalls

[quote name='DetlevD' post='49165']
What's about about mis-using a "synchronized lyric/text" tag field?
So the tracklist could be treated like a song text, coming up with the track title at the right time.

SLT Synchronised lyrics/text
This is another way of incorporating the words, said or sung lyrics,
in the audio file as text, this time, however, in sync with the audio.
It might also be used to describing events e.g. occurring on a stage
or on the screen in sync with the audio

Content type: $00 is other

$01 is lyrics
               $02 is text transcription
               $03 is movement/part name (e.g. "Adagio")
               $04 is events (e.g. "Don Quijote enters the stage")
               $05 is chord (e.g. "Bb F Fsus")</i>

The event content type can be used to signal the point of the cue.

Hallo Detlevd, könntest Du mir das bitte nochmal näher erklären? Finde zumindest in Mp3tag keine solchen Werte.
merci :flushed:

Please stick to english or make a thread in the german forum!

You're right, trying to ask again. I do not know whether Mp3tag provides support for a tag-field which can hold synced lyrics data.

The citation from above refers to the ID3v2 specification, that means there is something already documented, and it came into my mind as a chance to solve your problem.
Now it's up to you to dig deeper.

You might try some other application, which supports synced lyrics. Tag a test file like the way you need it and find out how Mp3tag can handle this file.
Good luck! Please come back and report about your efforts.

DD.20101006.2015.CEST

Many thanks! That´s something to look for.
Keep you updated (If I still remember my password here till till I found a solution :music:

what media player do you use?
there are now plugins for the most to read cue files.
you can search cue files here: http://www.regeert.nl/cuesheet/index.php

the other way is to use lyrics. personally i don't use the synced lyrics, i stick with unsynced lyrics. there are also plugins for most media players to read them. the tag is %unsyncedlyrics%.

if the tracklist is writen in the form
[0:00:00] artist 1 - track 1
[3:30:00] artist 2 - track 2
[7:35:35] artist 3 - track 3
there are players which reconize this as "timestamped lyrics". i don't know much about that, found it out when i used a lyrics plugin for winamp where i was able to click on the timestamped line and the mix jumped to this position. it also highlighted the line wich was playin at the moment. worked perfect there. now i use the foobar2000 media player. the lyrics plugin is not as good. behaves somewhat inconsistant, but that's another story...

another oportunity would be to save tracklist in the comment tag, as this can also store mutliline comments per default in most players and you need no plugin to see them.

most of my dj mixes have only tracklist in the unsyncedlyrics tag as simple lists without time. that's enough for me.

p.s.: maybe interesting for you:
i made a special web source script which writes id tags including the tracklist when they are found at mixesdb.com:
/t/8404/1

i also made a export script which transforms tracklist which are stored in the %unsyncedlyrics% tag into cue files. it isn't fully working jet, but it may be a help:
/t/10946/1

and i made a second export script which gives you the head of a cuefile (the information wich links the cue file to the mp3 file) without tracklist. it is thought for use in combination with the cuesheet database given above:
/t/10090/1

p.p.s.:
ah i see, wmp12 is windows media player, right.
here are a few lyrics plugins i found with google:
http://www.chip.de/downloads/Lyrics-Plugin...r_33623026.html
http://download.chip.eu/de/Lyrics-Plugin-f...er_1063139.html
http://www.pcwelt.de/news/Download-Tipp-So...yer-187677.html