How to add custom name from folder name to filename?

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I've used Mp3tag for awhile now. I love it. I have lots of mp3 files that I want to edit and I'd like to do it efficiently to save time.

I want to edit in this format:

'Artist - title (album)(year)'

Here's my questions. Here we go....

The folder name looks like this:

"1996 - 18 Til I Die"

The Mp3 filename looks like this:

"02. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman.mp3"

How do I rename it to this?

"Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman (18 Til I Die)(1996).mp3" (This is how I want it to look)

What do I use to automate the process for hundreds of mp3 files? Taking the Folder Name and adding to the Mp3 filename?

I want to add the Artist name, remove the numbering and dots(.), add artist name before the title with a "space dash(-) space", and add the album name and year with both in parentheses.

If anyone knows how to make a batch file... that would be great too! :wink:

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I hope to hear from you guys soon :slight_smile:

Just a question about clarification: Do the files already have correct data in tag-fields?

DD.20170624.0846.CEST

Yes, they have all the correct info in the tag-fields.

From that what you have showed us in the first thread, the ARTIST information is missing.
So you would have to update the filenames from the tags anyway:
Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman (18 Til I Die)(1996)

would be
function Convert>Tag-Filename
Format string: %albumartist% - %title% (%album%)(%year%)

Thanks for your reply ohrenkino,

The folder name does not have the "Artist" information. I'd prefer if there was a way to include the Artist Name using mp3tag without using other tools.

Thanks again for the format string. I'll try it out and let you know if it works out or if I need any more help in the details :slight_smile:

Been using mp3tag for basic functions for about a year now. Only starting to use the more advanced functions.

The Format String sample worked out great! Thanks guys!!!! :slight_smile: