How to Capitalize Letters in Title after '

I've have several titles and Album titles I would like to cap after ' Mark.

Example:

1. 'c Jammin Blues

to read:

'C Jammin Blues
  1. 'dee I Do

to read

'Deed I Do

There would have to be the exceptions for words such as I've, I'm....

Any ideas.

Thanks

Please read the Mp3tag manual ... and ... maybe you can adapt this example to your needs ...

$caps('''pinball ''''wizard','')

'pinball 'wizard
To:
'Pinball 'Wizard

DD.20110911.1353.CEST

Action #1:
Action type: Replace with regular expression
Field: TITLE
Regular expression: ^(')([a-z])
Replace matches with: $1$caps($2)

[ ] case-sensitive comparison

Action #2:
Action type: Replace with regular expression
Field: TITLE
Regular expression: (\s')([a-z])
Replace matches with: $1$caps($2)

[ ] case-sensitive comparison

This 1st action will change where the "'c Jas..." is anchored at the very start of a line. Result will be "'c Jammin Blues" to "'C Jammin Blues"

This 2nd action will change where the "'c Jas..." is in the middle of a line. Result will be "Bla Bla 'c Jammin Blues" to "'Bla Bla 'C Jammin Blues"

1 Like
  1. Just as follow up... none of the suggestions worked. I used all the examples you both provided me.

It is giving me the same results: it capitalize the first letter, but removes the character (').

...meaning it will change 'round Midnight to Round Midnight (but does not place the ' apostrophe character in front). Not sure why.

1. I read the manual before writing. I had been putting it off for a few weeks and thought I would seek out advice.

I even tried to use the O'Bryan example on the sight. then i made a separate action thinking one of the other action groups were overwriting the title.

I'll keep working at it... but again just wanted to see if there was another way to get it work...

Thanks

I can tell you now that mine works. see screenshot. i think you made a mistake somewhere copying the information across. i'll attach the action for you. place it in the actions folder. job done.

_Script_Test.mta (119 Bytes)

Please do not mix ' and ´. ' is the real apostrophe, ´is the accent egut. The have to be treated separately.

the two simplest actions for this:

Action: Case Conversion
Field: ALBUM
Case conversion: Mixed Case
Words begin from/after any of: '

or

Action: Format Value
Field: ALBUM
Formatstring: $caps(%album%,'')

(you have to repeat ' here twice, because otherwise ' is interpreted as part of the formatstring syntax. '' are two apostrophes, NOT one quotation mark)

Of couse you will also get things like "O'Brian'S Partents Are'Nt Here" with these actions.

I agree, I made a mistake somewhere...I cut and paste your action and it works... that's good enough for me.

Thanks