How to Change TagsLikeThis to "Tags Like This

Hi ,

Is it possible to re-insert spaces in tags where the user has stripped all them, re-inserting spaces based on SentenceCase?

eg.
Title: StopThePlanetIWantToGetOff

Is it possible - or could I make a feature request for - to be able to change this to:

Title: Stop The Planet I Want To Get Off

Obviously mp3tag won't be able to recognized what are "words" , however it should be possible to do it by SentenceCase.

ie. if it sees a little character, then a big character ("aB") then it should insert a space ("a B") ...

What do you think?
thanks again!
DukeTogo

PS. Wish I took more than just Grade 11 German! :wink:

It should be possible with Regular Expressions, that Florian said he would add to its "internal wishlist".
I don't know any way to do it for the time being.

Hi DukeTogo,

I've implemented regular expressions with the current development build of Mp3tag.

Just choose Converter, Actions and create a new action group called TagsLikeThis and a Replace with regular expression action with
Regular Expression: 'u+'
Replace matches by: ' $0' (note the space character)

and a second Replace with regular expression action with
Regular Expression: '^s'
Replace matches by: (keep this field empty)

Hope that helps!

With best regards,
~ Florian

'u+' & '^s' ???

Is there a list of what these expressions mean? To me regular expressions mean 'S' and ' S'.

Thanks...

u is a shortcut for the group of all uppercase characters and s is a shortcut for all whitespace.

I've described the regular expression syntax in the topic Configuration, Actions in Mp3tag's help file.

With best regards,
~ Florian

Perfect. Sorry to be such a dolt :slight_smile:

this regex doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it doesn't work because it is so old?

Does the solution in the FAQs work?