How to create a Lyrics Yes/No column display

Is it possible to add a column that just shows IF a file contains embedded lyrics or not, without actually displaying the lyrics, which is the case if "%unsyncedlyrics%" is used as a value? Am looking for something similar to how the Cover column can be set to display a "1" if the file has an embedded cover, and stay blank if it does not. Thanks for any suggestions!

Just to get that right: if you use %_covers% as contents for that column, then the value can also be something different than just "1", as %_covers% shows the number of embedded covers.

To get some display about lyrics, try for value
$if(%unsyncedlyrics%,Present,Not present)
or
$if(%unsyncedlyrics%,Yes,No)

Thanks ohrenkino, that's EXACTLY what I needed! I just went with "$if(%unsyncedlyrics%,Y,)"
Still finding my way around Regex, and this helped a lot.

Great that it helped, yet, my suggestion is no regular expression but a function from the scripting language built into MP3tag.
See the help for more information:

Building on the help I got from ohrenkino, I found how to include checking for the %lyrics% field (used by many Vorbis comment tags) within the the same function:

$if($or(%unsyncedlyrics%,%lyrics%),Y,)

Thanks go to the Foobar forum's member jazzthieve for that one!

Wouldn't it be just as feasible to create a mapping between LYRICS and UNSYNCEDLYRICS (if that does not happen already)?
Then you have to watch only one field.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.