How to export a "real" UTF-8 xml file


#1

Hi all, I'm trying to create an xml file that is really UTF-8 but without success. If my file created with the export of Mp3tag does not contain special characters, such as accented characters International (aàòì etcetera) is properly managed. Otherwise if it also contains one of these characters, it is reported that it is not a file UTF-8.
In my export'm inserting the string in the first line
<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
but this does not seem to be the only thing to do because in the end it does not work. To make it work I have to open the file in a text editor and save it in UTF-8.
This is the site where you can validate an XML file http://validator.w3.org/ and this is the error I get if I use one of the above special characters:

"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document Because on line 319 it contained one or more bytes That I can not interpret as us-ascii (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values ​​in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.

The error was: ascii "\ XE0" does not map to Unicode "

This suggests the fact that the file, even if indicated in the header as UTF-8, is instead recognized as a simple ASCII.

I attach the file and I thank in advance all those who can help me, I remind you that if the file does not contain special characters, everything works.

Giacomo

METROPOLITAN_PIANO.rar (1.51 KB)


#2

I'd be more useful if you attached your export template and not the result of it.

Anyway you can determine the encoding by adding
$filename(test.xml,utf-8)
at the start of the export template.
Also see the help file.


#3

Hello Dano attached is the export string, I also checked the BOM field creation.
I don't know why but I can't upload mte or xml files, that's why I compressed it.
Thanks in advance.
Giacomo

export_utf_8.rar (991 Bytes)


#4

Works fine here. It creates a file with utf-8 encoding.


#5

Do you mean that you generated a file with a composer name that contains à (i.e. Mario Attalà) and you tried to send the xml to the link I wrote? The one that check if the file contains non UTF-8 characters?
Let me know, because i know that it works fine if no special characters are on it, the problem happens only with the special characters.
Thanks
Giacomo

ps. you can try my xml to be sent to that validator link, you will see that is there an error


#6

That validator is not for xml documents so that error message is nonsense.


#7

Hello Dano,
we are getting this problem from the person that have to manage this xml and with his private XML validator gets the same, when we use non standard characters.
The link I gave you is an XML validator by the way.
I know that is very hard to get this solved, nevermind....


#8

I made this file from your export, the utf8 is fine.
And if you use that validator you have to set the encoding to utf8 before you start.

xml_utf8.rar (771 Bytes)