How to filter by multiple criteria?

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here, though I have been using Mp3tag for years to manage my music library. It is amazing!

I'm pretty much clueless about filter expressions though. I JUST barely figured out how to use the F3 function to do simple things like filter the directory I'm looking at by a particular field (album, artist, etc). But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to combine multiple criteria in the Filter field. Example: I want to view files that have a specific value for "genre" AND also have a blank "comments" field.

If I select GENRE from the dropdown menu and then type ^rock then I can successfully find all the files whose genre begins with the word "rock". If I select COMMENT and type ^$ I can find all the files that don't have comments. How do I combine these two criteria?

Also, when I type any of the operation words like "IS"or "HAS" nothing happens. It seems I can only use the various ^ $ | symbols to do things.

Can someone please explain this like I'm 5 years old? I'm truly dumb about this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

genre IS Rock AND comment MISSING

Thank you! I also reinstalled the program as I realized I was a couple versions behind and now it works much better. Thank you for your help :slight_smile: