How to get an existing amazon cover which the search doesn't find


#1

I look for Kate Ryan and the single Libertine (german amazon.de service). It doesn't show any hit.
If I do the search inside amazon.de I got 6 correct results!

I open one and found that it was named (here in the product page) Libertine [Maxi CD]. In previous searches I tried it with Libertine [Maxi-CD] but this time it doesn't work.

Why or how can I get the cover?
Is there a protocoll or a way to get the real trackname which will work with the amazon cover search?

I use the amzon.com cover search modified for amazon.de and search for the title not for the album (because these are all songs from a chart sampler so there must be a single sleeve/cover).

Thanks

Wolfgang


#2

I use the search term Kate Ryan Libertine and get 6 results. In the web search it does not show " [Maxi CD]" after the album name, but it can still be a maxi.
You can also use the ASIN as search term.
Did you make any changes besides the url?


#3

OK DANO, that "Kate Ryan Libertine" was the right tip.

I didn't look very carefully into the details and this evening I wasn't very fast in getting covers.

Why? I made a wrong assumption because I thought that the "script" would always take the interpret and the album. But if you're using it for album cover research you assume that an album title is mostly unique and you won't get much hits. That's why you don't use the interpret. In my case for single cover research the interpret is very necessary and for the complete day I worked
only with the track title with partly poor results.

I changed the script to search for single covers and therefore I changed this from

[IndexFormat]=%_url%|%_preview%|%Cover%|%Interpret%|%Format%|%Label%|%Datum%|%Album%
[SearchBy]=%album%
to
[IndexFormat]=%_url%|%_preview%|%Cover%|%Interpret%|%Format%|%Label%|%Datum%|%Album%
[SearchBy]=%title%

Now I tried this [SearchBy]=%title% %interpret% => but this doesn't work.
How can I connect/extend the search phrase, do I need & or +?
Thanks
Wolfgang

UPDATE: I took the %interpret% parameter from the [indexFormat] sequence above but that was a mistake because this relates to the amazon side which is partly different.
The [SearchBy] is controlled/initiated by mp3tag and so it must use the right mp3tag the parameter which in this case is %artist% and not %interpret%
So this works fine [SearchBy]=%title% %artist%

And I got the result for 3 tracks incl. resolution for Kate Ryan Libertine. Finally the asin Identification also worksed perfectly.

Dano, maybe you can extend it with another colum showing the cover KB. I got several 300x300 pictures and I don't want to preview all to find the best. In my case where 6 covers from 5 to 40 KB for the ssame resolution. That would be a good improvemnt.

UPDATE II
And is there a chance to display the search parameters inside the search result box maybe.
The first Systemline describes the column and I would find it useful to see there "Kate Ryan" instead of "Interpret" or maybe in the dialogue box description the [SearchBy] Phrase.
Now I have to move the resultbox from the source track to look for the artist. This would be much easier in that way.

TANKS
Wolfgang


#4

I wrote %Interpret% because I wanted the german word in the .de source, but to actually use it you need %artist% of course.

Sorry, but cover size is not possible.


#5

Hmm, is there any chance to get more information about the size ? It would be very useful.

And I made just another update above regarding the search phrase.

And is there a chance to display the search parameters inside the search result box maybe.
The first Systemline describes the column and I would find it useful to see there "Kate Ryan" instead of "Interpret" or maybe in the dialogue box description the [SearchBy] Phrase.
Now I have to move the resultbox from the source track to look for the artist. This would be much easier in that way.

Finally I checked the amazon.com version but that doesn't work. Maybe you can modify that too (with the resolution and column sorting). I tried it but I wan't succesfull.

:music:

Wolfgang

UPDATE
Finally I did it. I copied the german version and named in amazon.com and than changed everythingn like .de to .com and that work fine... unfortunatelly there aren't much covers available from the 1992-1996 era (because they only sell used items from that era).