How to get ITUNMOVI tag back?

I got some itunes music, but some of the infos were missed.
The other infos are not that hard to get, but i really don't know how to get the ITUNMOVI info for the whole album.

This is the way I have tried:
Add the same ITUNMOVI tag above for all the tracks in the album, then use the replace with regular expression to replace the number 8638839, but when I use "8638839\b" to replace "%_file_size_bytes%", it doesn't work. The number just changed to the words "%_file_size_bytes%", not the number of the file size I want.

Anybody can help? Thanks in advance!

I tried it so ...

$regexp(%ITUNMOVI%,'>8638839<','>'%_file_size_bytes%'<')

... and it seems to work.

In this case a simple replace can do it too ...

$replace(%ITUNMOVI%,'>8638839<','>'%_file_size_bytes%'<')

And, yes, it seems so that the action "Replace using Regular Expression" has no clue about the system field %_file_size_bytes%.

DD.20131113.1013.CET

Thank you so so so much! Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

i am new to mp3tag and just found this topic and was wondering if someone could guide me through adding the ITUNMOVI tag to my m4a files that are missing the field.

any help would be great

thank you

The only field I know is ITUNESMEDIATYPE with the contents Movie.

To add a field: select the files that need the field (with the same contents).
Press Alt-T to open the Extended Tags dialogue
Click New button.
Select the field name from the dropdown list.
Enter the value.
Apply the changes with OK.

it is the ITUNMOVI info i want to add.

this field contains certain info including the actual file size of each track

Do you speak about the content for the tag-field ITUNMOVI like this example?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>asset-info</key>
    <dict>
        <key>file-size</key>
        <integer>9395948</integer>
        <key>flavor</key>
        <string>2:256</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

... then you can go the way like the open poster "pique" ...
How to get ITUNMOVI tag back?

See also ...
/t/14757/1

DD.20131214.1149.CET

thank you for replying but i am having a slight problem as i am not sure what to do upon reading the original post

this is what i understand...

use one value for all the tracks (like the code you posted)

then go to actions (quick) > choose either 'replace' or 'replace with regular expression'

then i am unsure with what exactly i put in the boxes (Field, original & replace... also which options to check or un-check)

if you could post an example as to what to place in each field it would help me greatly.

:slight_smile:

No. The last bit is not quite it.
As the action "Replace with regular expression" apparently cannot refer to the file size you have to use a workaround as DetlevD described:
$replace(%ITUNMOVI%,'>8638839<','>'%_file_size_bytes%'<')
So you have to use an action of the type "Format value" in sequence:
First format ITUNMOVI with Format String >8638839<.
Then format ITUNMOVI with Format String $replace(%ITUNMOVI%,'>8638839<','>'%_file_size_bytes%'<')

Well, I do not know much about the ITUNMOVI tag-field and it's practical purpose.
For now I understand the content of this tag-field as a collection of "key=value" pairs, all together enclosed in a XML document script format.
Maybe tools like "AtomicParsley" or "MediaInfo" or "ExifTool" can display the entire content of the iTunMOVI tag-field in a structured view.

In case of replacing one "key=value" pair in the XML data stream from within Mp3tag, this can be done using Mp3tag functions like $regexp or $replace or the basic string functions.

The open poster has a simple case, because he did not need to save any existing XML structure and content, so he can fill the tag-field with a sample text and replace the one placeholder item with the actual file size value in relation to the underlying current file.

So what is your need?

1. Do you need to fill the tag-field iTunMOVI with a simple rudimentary XML document script?
    Having the one and only ""key=value" pair of ...
    file-size1234567890
    ... and afterwards replace the placeholder value with the actual file size?
  2. Do you need to replace one "key=value" pair within a set of other already given "key=value" pairs, which have to remain untouched?

DD.20131215.1109.CET

i want to do the 1st option

1. Do you need to fill the tag-field iTunMOVI with a simple rudimentary XML document script?
Having the one and only ""key=value" pair of ...
<key>file-size</key><integer>1234567890</integer>
... and afterwards replace the placeholder value with the actual file size?

what i have is the complete ITUNEMOVI field missing

what i do is add the field to the m4a files and a value that i have from another music file to all the tracks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>asset-info</key>
	<dict>
		<key>file-size</key>
		<integer>10214169</integer>
		<key>flavor</key>
		<string>2:256</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

then what i want is to have mp3tag change the file size for each file to the correct size

In order to avoid going back to Adam and Eve, please tell us what you already know about Mp3tag how to embed a new tag-field into a media file.
Do you know how to apply ...
... the dialog "Extended Tags..."?
... the action "Format value"?
... the converter "Tag-Tag"?
... a function call within a format string?

DD.20131216.0802.CET

as said before, the field ITUNMOVI is missing from the files

i can add the ITUNMOVI field in 'extended tags'

i can add a value into the ITUNMOVI field

i can add the exact same value for all the music files

the only problem i have is i do not know exactly how to get mp3tag to change the size value within the ITUNMOVI field in each music file to show the exact file size by using the actions option.

Assuming there is a ITUNMOVI entry, which contains the text string ">000<", then you may use an action like this ...

Begin Action Group Test_2013#20131216

Action #1
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: ITUNMOVI
Formatstring: $replace(%ITUNMOVI%,'>000<','>'%_file_size_bytes%'<')
End Action Group Test_2013#20131216 (1 Action)

DD.20131216.1135.CET

that is exactly what i was looking for

thank you so much for you help

:slight_smile: