How to install Tag Sources on macOS

Hello. How to install this script on mac? Thank you :slight_smile:

On macOS, Mp3tag's settings are stored at

~/Library/Application Support/de.mp3tag.Mp3tag_<some number>/drive_c/users/Mp3tag and you copy the tag source into the     data/sources folder.

Kind regards
โ€“ Florian

Hello. I do not have "de.mp3tag.Mp3tag_ " in library ... :frowning:

it's good. I copy what file? :slight_smile:
And after ? how to start the search with the itune store? thank you so much :slight_smile:

I've moved our conversation to a separate topic to keep the iTunes Web Sources discussion on topic.

You're probably looking in

/Library/Application Support/...

and not at

~/Library/Application Support/...

which is the Library folder in your user folder, e.g.,

/Users/Aurelien/Library/Application Support/...

If you don't see the "Library" folder in your user's home directory, you can probably navigate to it via
Finder > โ‡งโŒ˜G
and then enter

~/Library/Application Support/

To install a Tag Source, simply download the archive from the respective topic on the forums, extract in (in case it's a *.zip file) and copy the *.src file to the folder mentioned above:

/Users/<Your User Name>/Library/Application Support/de.mp3tag.Mp3tag_<Some Number>/drive_c/users/Mp3tag/data/sources

Kind regards
โ€“ Florian

Ressurecting this old thread. This folder definitiely does not exist in ~/Library/Application Support/. It's 2021, where are the new web data sources supposed to go?

The native Mac version of Mp3tag doesn't support custom tag sources at the moment. It's currently supporting MusicBrainz and Discogs and I'm not yet decided if I'll bring the whole Web Sources Framework over to the Mac version in a future release.

I've written more about that here