How to make renaming title one click?

Really powerful tool but having to go to Actions>Actions(Quick)>Rename>set to Title is very very tiring when using this app on a large scale. The keyboard shortcut of Shift+Alt+6 is cumbersome too and from what I read you can't change these shortcuts.

Is there a way to significantly reduce the amount of clicks or introduce a new shortcut for directly opening the dialog of renaming titles and renaming titles by regex?

Just this directly:

I think that you have to open the replace dialogue in any program anew each time you want to replace something.
You do not tell us where you see potential for shortcuts - I would think that once you have replaced one term with another there would be no need to recall that function again which would mean in return that every new term would be a new action call.

Perhaps this helps:
Open Convert>Tag-Tag. Set the field in which you want to replace something (here e.g. TITLE)
Enter as
Format string: $replace(%title%,Ein,ein)

If you have search and replace pairs that you find frequently, then create an action group that you can call with just 1 click.
Please note also, that in Actions(Quick) the action of the type "Replace" remembers the last used setting.

If you intent to rename files it would be much quicker way to modify the tag data first and then as a last step to rename all the files in 1 go which also has the benefit that you can set a homogenuous naming pattern.

ALT + SHIFT + 6

or

Just for the record:

If you replace the original lowercase letters ein with Ein, this would result in a wrong spelling, at least for a German title:

Not really. Take Bulk Rename Utility:

You open the program and bam you can just start renaming things. You don't have to go through 4 clicks before you even start. Or take Everything:

I just click F2 and that's it. Yes Everything deals solely with file names and not all sorts of metadata but I only want to deal with the title metadata.

You do not tell us where you see potential for shortcuts - I would think that once you have replaced one term with another there would be no need to recall that function again which would mean in return that every new term would be a new action call.

Are you saying that if I have used action to rename title the next instance I would need to do something different or that I would not need it again? I always deal only with titles. I wanted a program to mass rename titles of my audio files through regex or directly. Since I have a huge library I would not be doing everything in one go or directly open my parent directory so this process of mass renaming titles would be started dozens of time possibly. The needs of each folder would be different that could not be standardized in one swoop. Like renaming 'symphonie' to 'symphony' or 'nr. ' to 'No. '

Please note also, that in Actions(Quick) the action of the type "Replace" remembers the last used setting.

Is there a way to skip clicking OK for replace every time and introduce an additional keybinding for Actions (Quick)?

... and there are some English words as well ...
bEing
AgEing
BoEing
Brian EpstEin
CaffEine
VEins
... and so on.

1 Like

If you like this "bam"-tools, then you could rename your filenames as you wish as first step.
Then you import your TITLE from your filename with ALT + 2
(or menu Convert -> Filename - Tag)
and a formatstring like
%dummy%. %title%
or any similar string matching your filenames.

I am pretty sure that then also your

tools also have to start the replace function again and again as you had to open the next folder in them. But may the function be as it is.
There is a way to apply shortcuts -please see the documentations e.g. on actions:

(look for "shortcurts")