How to (re)move one of multiple Artists

I like to create one or more action to do this:

old:
Field ARTIST: Name 1\\Name 2\\Name 3 (separated by\\)

new:
Field ARTIST: Name 1
Field SOLOISTS: Name 2\\Name 3

or another case where Name 2 should just be deleted.

I tried several combinations with guess values %artist% and guessing pattern $meta(artist,n) but for some reason it doesn't work so i do something wrong.

Action "Format value" From ... ARTIST (mv) = 'Name 1\\\\Name 2\\\\Name 3' To ... SOLOIST <== $meta(ARTIST,1)'\\\\'$meta(ARTIST,2) SOLOIST (mv) = 'Name 2\\\\Name 3' To ... ARTIST <== $meta(ARTIST,0)'\\\\' ARTIST (sv) = 'Name 1' ... or ... Action "Guess values" Source format: $meta_sep(ARTIST,'\\\\') Guessing pattern: %ARTIST%\\%SOLOIST%

DD.20150831.1321.CEST

Thanks, it works to move Name 2 and Name 3 to the soloists field.

But now I want Name 1 and Name 2 in the Artist field and Name 3 to the soloists field
I can't figure out how to select 1 of those 3 artists.

I tried %ARTIST%\%ARTIST%\%SOLOISTS% but then the only artist is Name 2, I guess because Name 2 overwrites Name 1 and Name 1 is lost.

I tried source values: $meta(ARTIST,0)\\$meta(ARTIST,1)\\$meta(ARTIST,2)
Guess Values: $meta(ARTIST,0)\\$meta(ARTIST,1)\%SOLOISTS%
No luck either

Action "Format value" From ... ARTIST (mv) = 'Name 1\\\\Name 2\\\\Name 3' To ... SOLOIST <== $meta(ARTIST,2)'\\\\' SOLOIST (sv) = 'Name 3' From ... ARTIST (mv) = 'Name 1\\\\Name 2\\\\Name 3' To ... ARTIST <== $meta(ARTIST,0)'\\\\'$meta(ARTIST,1) ARTIST (mv) = 'Name 1\\\\Name 2' ... or ... Action "Guess values" Source format: $meta(ARTIST,2)'\\\\'$meta(ARTIST,0)'\\\\'$meta(ARTIST,1) Guessing pattern: %SOLOIST%\\%ARTIST%

DD.20150831.1640.CEST

Thanks Detlev!

I have several variations of this action now working.
This forum is very useful with people like you who answer so many questions !