How to Remove Letters before "/" in Title Tag

I have a number of files with title tags that are partially in Japanese. It goes "Japanese title / English title".

Ex: 一絲希望/A Single Wish

I'm sure this has come up before, but I'm not sure how to retag my files to remove up to and including the "/" and keep only the English title. The Japanese characters are annoying because

1. I don't speak / read / understand Japanese.
  2. They are first, before the English name. This is the main issue because on smaller screens, like my phone, the Japanese characters hide the English name.

If someone could explain how to do it and how it works, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Try an action of the type "Guess value"
Source: %title%
Target pattern: %dummy% / %title%

Unfortunately nothing happened. If it helps:

1. There are no spaces between the Japanese name, the slash, and the English name.
  2. The file name is the proper English name but says the Disc-Number before each name.

Are we talking about the

or the

Looks to me like spaces in front of the slash and behind it.
So my suggestion can only be as good as your input.
So, please tell us exactly what you have in the tags.
And if there is nothing in the tags then import that data into the embedded tag data and re-wrtie the filename from there.

Sorry for being vague.

What it is:
Filename: 2-20 A Single Wish
Title: 一絲希望/A Single Wish

What I want:
Filename: 2-20 A Single Wish
Title: A Single Wish

I want to change the title of the song to only have "A Single Wish", the English name. This needs to be applicable to about a hundred other files with a similar title-naming scheme.

It's still the same action:
"Guess value"
Source: %title%
Target pattern: %dummy%/%title%

Just to clarify I am doing it right:
Go Actions, Actions (Quick), Guess Values, and enter those? It still doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm on Mp3tag v3.18.

It looks like you do not have an ordinary slash as separator but something else.
I suggest that you copy that slash-surrogate from the TITLE and paste it in the action

1 Like

That did the trick! The character was /, which is not a normal slash. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.