How to separate or split strings that are written in one word?

I've tried following the instructions in this post: How to separate or split strings that are written in one word?
But it doesn't seem to work. Mp3tag doesn't like the expression (\1) (\u): I get the message: "Invalid back reference: specified capturing group does not exist. The error occurred while parsing the regular expression: '(>>>HERE>>>\1) (\u)'."
I tried replacing the "1" with the pipe symbol | because I thought is might be a typing error. The expression parses with the pipe symbol, but does nothing.
Please help.
Thanks.

You have to use the letter l (small L) and not the number 1.
The same applies to your choice of the pipe symbol.
This regular expression works as described
$regexp('TagsLikeThese ',(\w|,)(?=\u),$1 $2)
and this one also:
$regexp('TagsLikeThese ',(\l)(\u),$1 $2)

OK. Thanks.
Of course, the u (uppercase) must be balanced by an l (lowercase). I've made the edit, the script parses, but it made no changes.
This is what I'm trying to do: I have, for example, a song TITLE: "DoItAgainVer2". I want it to be: "Do It Again Ver 2". (I understand the digit might be a different problem. Let's ignore it for now.)
How do I do that?
Thanks again.

You have to show, preferably with a screendump, what you are doing.
$regexp('DoItAgainVer2',(\l)(\u),$1 $2)
leads to
Do It Again Ver2

Hi -
Yes, You've solved my problem brilliantly. And I see where I was wrong. Unfortunately, I've haven't describe the task very well. I want to change multiple files like that.

You can probably see what I want.
Thanks again.
L

The expression should work for most of the titles.
Select the files in the files list.
Open the function Convert>Tag-Tag
Select as field: TITLE
Enter as
Format string: $regexp(%title%,(\l)(\u),$1 $2)
Apply the function with OK.

It worked like a charm. Thank you so much!
L

Is there as tutorial here that will help me learn how to write formulas/expressions like
"$regexp(%title%,(\l)(\u),$1 $2)"?
For example, I am familiar with a certain amount of programming, so I get the use of %%, but where are the variables $1 and $2 defined (if they are variables)? And the syntax of the backslashes, etc.
Not asking for that information now, just please point me to where it is.
Thanks.
L

See e.g. the help (press F1)
http://help.mp3tag.de/options_format.html#regexp

Or see this forum and the howtos on regular expressions.

1 Like