How to show BITRATE as field in Tag Panel?


#1

Hi, this is probably a simple one but with a little experimenting I haven't had any luck.

I'm trying to add a Bitrate field to display in the Tag Panel that shows the file's Bitrate.

I have figured out using the Tag-->Filename function how to include Bitrate in the filenames & folders by searching the forum.

I've tried going to Tools/Options/Tag Panel/Add Field and adding "%BITRATE%" and "%_BITRATE" (defaults to ALL CAPS as I type) as the "Field:", but this doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

In addition to answering here, please email me directly at mojospoonful@gmail.com also, if possible. (Although I did just see the "email notification of replies" below and turned it on, so that will probably take care of this...)

Thanks,
Mojo


#2

Try
%_bitrate%

(your first input misses the underscore, the second the closing percent sign ...)


#3

Actually, I've tried both of those... my original post had typos in both items I tried. Should have been, as you said:

"%BITRATE%

AND

%_BITRATE%

(And as I mentioned, the input box forces CAPS.)

If I right-click on a MP3 file in MP3Tag, and choose "Extended Tags", BITRATE doesn't show up there either. But %_bitrate% does work when using Tag->Filename.

Also, if I re-enter Tools/Options/Tag Panel after adding the Bitrate field as %_BITRATE%, then edit the field, the field then shows as "_BITRATE", without the "%" signs, they're gone.

Any ideas?

The MP3's do show a bitrate in their Windows Explorer and Xplorer2Lite "Bit Rate" column. Whether they are CBR or VBR makes no difference.

Thanks,
Mojo


#4

Apparently it is not possible to show the bitrate in the tag panel. You can add a column, though, to show the bitrate. But that is about it.
Bitrate is a read-only field as the value is set during compilation.


#5

add a column ... to show the bitrate

set the Value field to
%_bitrate% kb/s $left(%_vbr%,1)

just add
$replace($replace($replace($replace(%_mode%,Joint Stereo,JS),Stereo,S),Single Channel,M),Dual Channel,D)
for mode display

HTH, andreas


#6

You can use only one $replace command:

$replace(%_mode%,Joint Stereo,JS,Stereo,S,Single Channel,M,Dual Channel,D)


#7

You can use only one $replace command:
$replace(%_mode%,Joint Stereo,JS,Stereo,S,Single Channel,M,Dual Channel,D)

much more readable + efficient! thx, Dano