Icon size issue

Having troubles using the application icons due their size. Changing from "Small Icons" to "Large Icons" doesn't really improve anything. The MacBook 13.3-inch screen is set to 2560 × 1600 resolution.

I would tend to agree. Even the "large" version of those icons is hard to read and quite a bit smaller than the icons in Apple's apps (Safari, Pages etc...). Attached a direct comparison: Upper line: MP3TAG, Below: Pages

Making these icons a bit larger and in a slightly darker grey frame would certainly help, I think.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-12 um 21.20.11

I've slightly increased the icon size with Beta 5. It uses the the standard sizes as recommended by the HIG, i.e., 19x19 (and 38x38 for Retina screens).

1 Like

Florian I think you should look and read " Toolbars and Title Bars" paragraph at What’s New in macOS - macOS - Human Interface Guidelines - Apple Developer.
I think the problem is between OS 10.15 and new OS 11 UI.

I'll still send you email :crazy_face:

Still seeing a substantial size difference with icons in version 1.0.0-beta.6 (28)

Safari (bottom) vs Mp3tag (top)

macOS Big Sur 11.1 (20C69)

I've again increased the icon size with Beta 7, mainly for Big Sur. This should address the issue definitively.

I had to do a full rewrite, so please look out for any issues.

2 Likes

Finally on Big Sur "New Folder" symbol looks the same (size and thickness) between Finder and Mp3tag! :top:

1 Like