Improvements to Customize Columns feature

I am a little leery about posting another suggestion being that I am a total newbie here and I seem to be annoying some people. I'll try to make this one my last.

I am almost done with what I needed MP3Tag for and I don't anticipate needing it again for the foreseeable future. That should being some comfort. :slight_smile:

If I want to change which tag columns are displayed, I tight click anywhere in the title heading row. I get a dropdown listing all of the available tag columns. I can select or deselect as I choose. The problem is that the dropdown closes after every change. If I need to make several changes, I can't do it all at once. I have to keep reopening it. I suggest that it remain open until I click an "OK" button. There should also be a "Cancel" button in case I change my mind and maybe a "Reset" button to restore the defaults.

I'd also suggest that it provide a way for me to rearrange the columns. In many other programs, I can select an entry and then use the up/down arrows on the keyboard to rearrange things.

Finally, I'd like an "auto size" option to have the screen that will automatically change the width of the columns to fit the data. And if you really want something special, allow me to set that for each column. That is, allow me to have some columns set to auto-fit and other fixed.

Ok, I'll shut up now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is a really good program as it is. If it weren't, I wouldn't bother trying to improve it.

You only have do like that and select "Custominze Columns" which opens a menue where you can define, select, deselect and rearrange columns and after you are through this you can save with O.K.

You also can rearrange by dragging the head of the columns to any place you want.

1 Like

If only you would have used the top function "Columns ..." in the context menu of a column header ...
That function opens a nice dialogue in which you can:

• define all the columns that you want,
  • rearrange the order
    and it stays open until you click OK or Cancel.

For the auto-size feature: have a look at this thread:

Other features that might be of interest for you is the search function in this forum so that you don't have to start a new thread for old topics all the time and the help for MP3tag which can be accessed either by pressing F1 or via the address help.mp3tag.de which would have revealed most about the columns and even explained
What is the Tag field?

1 Like

Arrgghh... :woozy_face: And there it was right in front of me. I am really embarrassed. My apologies. This implementation is excellent.

Doh!!! My mistake. Sorry about that.

When I start a thread, I always check the right panel that shows similar posts. But you're right, I should also use the search facility. Sorry.