# in File Manager vs Track in Mp3tag

This is my first experience with Mp3tag and I am using v2.91. I am trying to load an audio book in a Sansa Clip but the ordering of the files in the Sansa is not correct. I think I have determined that the Sansa is ordering by the Track while displaying the title. Regardless, when I use Mp3tag to change the Track to the first 3 numbers of the Filename it seems successful in Mp3tag. When I look at the results in Windows 10 File Manager the results are not the same. Should the # in File Manager show the same as Track in Mp3tag? I tried using a 4 digit Track as suggested in another post but that did not help. Here are some screenshots for an example.

Original in File manager: # Sequence is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,...

Original in Mp3Tag

After in Mp3Tag
Action(Quick)>Format Value>Format Field:Track, Format String:$left(%_filename%,3)

After Action in File manager: # Sequence is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,8,9,10,11,...

Okay. Thank you. I had read about it in another post but I understood more leading zeros was the work around. Now I suppose breaking the audio book into 2 volumes is the work around as there are 191 files.

I think this is only necessary if the sorting of the windows explorer is important for you.
What your player needs for correct sorting maybe another case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.