INITIALKEY to COVERART (Traktor)

I'd like to show the Key a track is in as COVERART.
The key is analyzed by Mixed In Key which writes into the COMMENT-tag and INITIALKEY-tag of a MP3-file.

Traktor collection (Green lined is desired outcome):
:wink:

Something like:
If INITIALKEY is equal to 1A, then embed C:\pictures\CoverArt-Key-1a.jpg

If INITIALKEY is not equal to 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 7A, 8A, 9A, 10A, 11A, 12A, 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 7B, 8B, 9B, 10B, 11B, 12B, then embed C:\pictures\CoverArt-Key-None.jpg

Any ideas?

The action of the type "Import cover from file" allows you to enter a format string.
So you can enter more or less any combination of text constants and variables as you like to create a filename for the cover file.

E.g.
Format string: C:\pictures\CoverArt-Key-%initialkey%.jpg
should create a filename as you described it.

I don't want to create a filename for the cover file, I want the already excisting pictures, to be embedded in the mp3-files.
Which one to embed, depends on the INITIALKEY-value of that mp3.

You are quite right. And nowhere in my reply ...

... did I suggest that you create a file.

Just to explain it in a different way:

In the action "Import cover from file" you need to create a filename to address the file you want to embed.
I made a suggestion for the combination of text constants and variables which also includes the initialkey value.

Ohwow, brilliant in its simplicity.
And even better... It works :smiley:

Thanks!

Update! 24-8-2017:

Just to check if it still works and make it easier for u to use the script, hereby proof + values to copy/paste into Mp3tag:

• Select ACTIONS , Select NEW ACTION
  • Give it a logical name, for ex. Key Cover Art
  • Select ACTIONTYPE 'Import cover from file'
  • FORMAT STRING: C:\Key-Cover-Arts-v2\CoverArt-Key-%initialkey%-v2.png
    (replace folder with where your pictures are saved)

For the pics I've used, see: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post683994

Note: Be sure to delete the Front covers in your files 1st, otherwise it adds a 2nd Front cover, that won't show up using Traktor.

There is no need for this. You just have to activate "Delete existing coverart".